PDA

View Full Version : Head FXP Fire?

Amone
03-28-2006, 04:55 PM
That auction site we don't talk about seems to be selling the FXP fire, but TW isn't. Now, this wouldn't be too much of a problem, but I really wanted to see what people were saying about it in the Customer Feedback section like I always do when a racquet intrigues me. So, is the four-letter-auction-site selling phonies? If not, anyone hit with this stick? I may not have too much hope of getting her, but I'd like to know what I'm looking at, since it seems pretty sweet. Any thoughts?

DXS
03-28-2006, 05:16 PM
I played a set with it yesterday. It way to light for me. I could not hit hard with it. Any time I tried to put a lot of pace on the ball I could feel it going up my arm into my elbow. It also pretty stiff. I couldn't find the rdc number on it for stiffness, but I would think it somewhere around 67. It does generate good spin and had nice control. I would think leaded up it would be a nice stick, but that's a lot of weight to add to a 9.9 oz stick. Serves were decent, but very jolting to the arm if I went for a power flat serve. Good kick serves and slice serves. Volley were decent, but it's not the most stable stick I ever used.

I think it would depend on the player for this stick. Maybe a junior player would like that was just moving to a full size stick, but for anyone that could hit with decent pace I would pass.

Oh... I'm also like Heads, but not this one.

-ds

Amone
03-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback, DXS.

etd
03-29-2006, 09:33 AM
Try the Flexpoint Heat. I demoed one strung with FXP16 string. Great all around racket. It felt a lot like Heads did a long time ago.

Amone
03-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Again, thanks for the advice. Though, I gotta admit, the cosmetics on the Heat made me want to vomit.. -_-;;