PDA

View Full Version : Asian Ncode tour 90

Azzurri
03-29-2006, 06:20 AM
Anyone know how I would be able to attain this racquet. I would like two of these and I want to buy them brand new. I have had some opportunities to buy from the general public, but I was wondering if we in the States could get an Asian racquet. Any clues?

Rico_Mickelson
03-29-2006, 08:01 AM
that's a very sweet and solid racket , i've 3 in my bags . easlier to handle due to ligter weight , and I notice i find the sweetpoint much easlier compair with US version .
I brought them from my friend in asia . give me a email if you interested.

gapson22@yahoo.com

legolas
03-29-2006, 10:43 AM
i tried it, but i prefer the us versions better, i use em now, more weight = more power

Insane90DegreeSpin
03-29-2006, 12:02 PM
I have family in Asia and maybe I'll get some on vacation. Anyone know if I can buy 6 at a time?

The lighter version is great for a plan B. If your opponent uses your own pace against you, messing up their timing can screw up their game.

What d'you think?

...I was in Hong Kong and an apple cost $2USD each. Who wants a dozen?

Azzurri
03-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Looks like I have gotten some help. I will be getting 2 of the Asian racquets.

tt2003
03-29-2006, 08:17 PM
asian model is less solid, lighter, not as good as US one, most asian tennis players want US model

BreakPoint
03-29-2006, 08:36 PM
asian model is less solid, lighter, not as good as US one, most asian tennis players want US model

But the Asian version is almost just as stable, is definitely more maneuverable, and is less tiring on the arm and shoulder after several hours of match play. Seems like many people in the U.S. want the Asian version, just as many people in Asia may want the U.S. version. It's just human nature, people always want what they can't get. Witness all the people that want Federer's exact racquet or are seeking the "holy grail". People want what they can't get and if they do get it, they'll move on and want something else. :(

Insane90DegreeSpin
03-29-2006, 09:00 PM
We won't complain if there's a wider choice of different versions.

I'd rather begin with the lighter one and then add some lead tape if needed.

It's like white wilson pro overgrip... there was only one color and now they have many more. I hated the white grips because it gets really dirty if you lend it to someone else(somehow they never wash their hands).

Stability isn't an issue of you play on public courts.

Experienced and fit users will seek the heavier one.

BreakPoint
03-29-2006, 10:06 PM
We won't complain if there's a wider choice of different versions.

I'd rather begin with the lighter one and then add some lead tape if needed.

It's like white wilson pro overgrip... there was only one color and now they have many more. I hated the white grips because it gets really dirty if you lend it to someone else(somehow they never wash their hands).

Stability isn't an issue of you play on public courts.

Experienced and fit users will seek the heavier one.

I agree. I wish Wilson would just sell both versions worldwide like they used to with wood racquets. Wood racquets used to come in Light, Medium, and Heavy versions of the same models. You could choose both your grip size and your weight preference. :D

BTW, I'm not sure why public courts would have any effect on the stability of your racquet. :confused:

Azzurri
03-30-2006, 08:19 AM
I hope I made the right decision. I wanted a lighter racquet and did not want a larger head size. I just don't like hitting 95, 98 or larger headsize racquets. I have tried a few and I just don't like the feel. I also have a PS 85 and I love the way it volley's and serves. I only use this racquet for doubles. I also wanted a lighter racquet to add weight when I really get used to it. Also, the weight difference is not too bad. Its not loike the Asian racquet is 9-10 oz's. Has anyone actually hit with both on the same day? That is really the only way to tell an immediate difference.

milo
03-30-2006, 08:29 AM
i don't have the us version but i have he asian version since i live in asia. yes, it is not as heavy as the us version. i did not have a chance to hit with the ncode tour us version, but i hit with the nsix one 95 us version. my tour only weighs 320grams unstrung. the 95 is heavier than my tour.

Insane90DegreeSpin
03-30-2006, 09:29 AM
People in public courts in my area don't hard enough to see any difference in stability. You may notice it when returning serve but most of them either don't have powerful serves or taps the ball for a second serve-like a girl.

Maybe it's just location. Up here in Canada we don't get serious people. I went to Asian to a middle class city and there were too many holes in the nets. Even 4 star hotels are overpriced.

I hope to live in the US for all year tennis. How are public court players down there?

BreakPoint
03-30-2006, 12:38 PM
I hope I made the right decision. I wanted a lighter racquet and did not want a larger head size. I just don't like hitting 95, 98 or larger headsize racquets. I have tried a few and I just don't like the feel. I also have a PS 85 and I love the way it volley's and serves. I only use this racquet for doubles. I also wanted a lighter racquet to add weight when I really get used to it. Also, the weight difference is not too bad. Its not loike the Asian racquet is 9-10 oz's. Has anyone actually hit with both on the same day? That is really the only way to tell an immediate difference.

slappano,
Yes, I have hit with both versions in the same hitting session and the US version is noticably heavier. Once you get used to the Asian version, when you swing the US version and play with it you can't believe how heavy it feels. However, the US version definitely has more power due to the extra weight, serves harder, and is more solid at the net on volleys, again due to the weight.

BTW, where are you getting your Asian versions from?

BreakPoint
03-30-2006, 12:39 PM
How are public court players down there?

In Calif., the public court players are very, very good and can hit the ball very well.

Insane90DegreeSpin
03-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Most public court over here are busted. Brand new ones make us pay to play. There are just too many newbies on court and the balls fly all over the place.

I must move away ASAP!

It would be really sweet to play all year long.

Do you get a lot of bugs at night?

BreakPoint
03-30-2006, 02:05 PM
No bugs. Very few bugs around here period because it's not humid but dry and it gets cold enough at night that bugs don't like it.

Yup, we play all year-round here. Lots of courts, all in great condition, and they're almost all free!!! :D

Insane90DegreeSpin
03-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Any drawbacks living there?

BreakPoint
03-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Any drawbacks living there?

Yeah, you have to be rich! :(

A 1200 sq. ft., 2BR, 1BA run down 50 yr-old fixer-upper shack of a house with almost no land will cost you $1 million. Even a small townhouse or condo with no privacy will run you $800,000, and I've seen some in the pricier towns for over $1.5 million. And if that doesn't make you not want to live here, the high taxes and high cost of gas (and many other things) will.

So, start a company, go public, sell your stock and become a multi-millionaire first before considering moving here. ;) LOL.

Insane90DegreeSpin
03-30-2006, 03:22 PM
I'll ask my imaginary friends for some money... :mrgreen:

Azzurri
04-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Breakpoint:

Thx for the info. I am getting one from Thailand. The person bought it from a sporting goods store. he e-mailed pictures and receipts. Seems honest and is really helpful. The other is from an American that had 2 purchased by a friend in Japan.

Insane90DegreeSpin
04-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Hmm I hope they have racquets in Japanese airports. They usually double the price... so screw them. I'm doing enough weights and the US 90 is super sweet and cheaper.

I'm not suggesting buying used... it's like buying used socks.

tt2003
04-02-2006, 12:05 AM
In Calif., the public court players are very, very good and can hit the ball very well.

Agree, i am living in Hong Kong and have lived in California before, US public courts players are way better, US court is free, that's why.

Insane90DegreeSpin
04-02-2006, 12:29 AM
How much is the 90 in HK? I'll stay there for a few days. I almost choked once because the air was so polluted lol

If I lived in the US... tennis everyday all year long! No more freezing your balls in Canada!

JacktheDu
04-02-2006, 01:38 AM
How much is the 90 in HK? I'll stay there for a few days. I almost choked once because the air was so polluted lol

If I lived in the US... tennis everyday all year long! No more freezing your balls in Canada!

Canada is not all bad. You should come to Vancouver. Great weather and temperature here all year round. And it's never too hot to play tennis here unlike california.

tt2003
04-02-2006, 01:43 AM

1050 Hk dollars or 134 US dollars (normally 10% off, ask for that), Fa Yuen Street sport shop in MongKok

JacktheDu
04-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Yeah, you have to be rich! :(

A 1200 sq. ft., 2BR, 1BA run down 50 yr-old fixer-upper shack of a house with almost no land will cost you $1 million. Even a small townhouse or condo with no privacy will run you $800,000, and I've seen some in the pricier towns for over $1.5 million. And if that doesn't make you not want to live here, the high taxes and high cost of gas (and many other things) will.

So, start a company, go public, sell your stock and become a multi-millionaire first before considering moving here. ;) LOL.

I'm sure all those illegal immigrants must be millionaires before they decide to sneak to california.

JacktheDu
04-02-2006, 01:46 AM
1050 Hk dollars or 134 US dollars (normally 10% off, ask for that), Fa Yuen Street sport shop in MongKok

Wow that's a really good price, I must ask my friend to get me one when he goes to hk this summer! thanks :)

BreakPoint
04-02-2006, 03:03 AM
I'm sure all those illegal immigrants must be millionaires before they decide to sneak to california.

Well, if you want to live the lifestyle of an illegal immigrant than you're welcome to move to California, too. ;) Just be sure you like picking vegetables on a farm all day long out under the hot California sun, and don't bother bringing your tennis racquets as you'll have no time nor facilities to play. And I hope you don't mind living in a 1 bedroom, 1 bath apartment with 15 other people. Still want to come? :(

JacktheDu
04-02-2006, 03:14 AM
Well, if you want to live the lifestyle of an illegal immigrant than you're welcome to move to California, too. ;) Just be sure you like picking vegetables on a farm all day long out under the hot California sun, and don't bother bringing your tennis racquets as you'll have no time nor facilities to play. And I hope you don't mind living in a 1 bedroom, 1 bath apartment with 15 other people. Still want to come? :(

I'm just saying you don't have to be a millionaire to live a good life in california. You are over exaggerating and I think most people here would agree. Beverly hills are not the only place in california that has good tennis facility.

tt2003
04-02-2006, 03:50 AM
Wow that's a really good price, I must ask my friend to get me one when he goes to hk this summer! thanks :)

Hk shops only sell Asian models, USL4 on size grip sticker instead of L4

gunyang
04-02-2006, 07:52 AM
I live in Taiwan, Taiwan sale Ncode 90 for about $130 unstrung in Taiwan.

BreakPoint
04-02-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm just saying you don't have to be a millionaire to live a good life in california. You are over exaggerating and I think most people here would agree. Beverly hills are not the only place in california that has good tennis facility.

You obviously have never lived in the Bay Area. A house here costs ten times what it costs in some other parts of the country. And, no, I'm not exaggerating.

milo
04-02-2006, 10:07 AM
maybe he meant live life in the apartment (rent)

tt2003
04-02-2006, 10:32 AM
You obviously have never lived in the Bay Area. A house here costs ten times what it costs in some other parts of the country. And, no, I'm not exaggerating.

If you bought a house in Bay area 12 years ago, then you become a millionaire automatically.

Insane90DegreeSpin
04-02-2006, 12:59 PM
How do airports handle 6-8 racquets in a bag? I'm thinking of buying them in HK and then coming back to freezing cold Canada.

The asian one is sweet in doubles. How about a lighter 6.0 85?

jackson vile
04-02-2006, 01:06 PM
What are the specs of the aision version strung?

JacktheDu
04-02-2006, 02:12 PM
How do airports handle 6-8 racquets in a bag? I'm thinking of buying them in HK and then coming back to freezing cold Canada.

The asian one is sweet in doubles. How about a lighter 6.0 85?

Are you gonna pay tax for them? Cus 6-8 rackets may bring up some suspicions at the customs. 135 plus tax may not be worth it.

JacktheDu
04-02-2006, 02:15 PM

Then you should have specified, instead of using California.

BreakPoint
04-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Then you should have specified, instead of using California.

Well, I assumed Insane90 wanted to move to Calif. to play tennis. The areas in which the weather is good enough to play tennis year-round (near the coast) are all pretty much very expensive places to live. Sure, you can live inland or out in the desert for less but it'll be too hot or too cold to play tennis year-round.

jackson vile
04-03-2006, 09:44 PM
So does anyone know the specs of the asain version?

Alafter
04-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Everything else same as US version, cept flex is unknown and weight is 320 grams.

BreakPoint
04-04-2006, 01:56 AM
So does anyone know the specs of the asain version?

Asian version:
320g (11.3 oz.) unstrung
9 pts. HL unstrung

U.S. version:
340g (12.0 oz.) unstrung
12 pts. HL unstrung

Everything else is the same. The Asian version may feel a hair more flexible as there's less material to make it stiffer (and, thus, also lighter).

Insane90DegreeSpin
04-04-2006, 02:38 AM
Sweet. Do they make lighter 6.0 85?

Alafter
04-04-2006, 03:03 AM
Dream on. I just got me a 6.0 85 original from some dude who's been living here all his life. It's from the 80's-90's. Exact same as the currently sold ones.

jackson vile
04-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Asian version:
320g (11.3 oz.) unstrung
9 pts. HL unstrung

U.S. version:
340g (12.0 oz.) unstrung
12 pts. HL unstrung

Everything else is the same. The Asian version may feel a hair more flexible as there's less material to make it stiffer (and, thus, also lighter).

That's really really light:confused:

BreakPoint
04-04-2006, 03:07 PM
That's really really light:confused:

Not really. Mine come out at 12.2 oz. strung w/overgrip. I estimate the swingweight at about 323, as compared to 330 for the U.S. version. (Remember that the Asian verison is balance less headlight than the U.S. version.)

ps 6.0
04-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Canada is not all bad. You should come to Vancouver. Great weather and temperature here all year round. And it's never too hot to play tennis here unlike california.

Too hot to play tennis? Blasphemy!:D

Jonnyf
04-04-2006, 03:44 PM
wel i know its offtopic but for the last two days ive had a hit with the 61 Tour

I found it fantastic, the weight didnt affect me
The first day serving was impossible but i got it today.
Groundies were were weaker but had alot of control

Roy
04-26-2006, 09:24 PM
The Asian version Tour 90 is excellent but the Asian ncode 95 (16x 18) feels too light. It's only 310grams unstrung !