PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Pro #1 replacement

eLterrible
03-29-2006, 05:27 PM
As my fischer gets dinked/scratched/chipped, im starting to look for a replacement that plays similar to it but that isn't dead in the upper hoop. I've noticed that on overheads/serves that if i hit int he upper hoop, the whole racquet vibratses uncontrolably and uncomfortably. I like how the fischer plays, but i need a similar racquet that has a more solid feel on mishits and a more forgiving sweetspot.

any suggestions?

JediMindTrick
03-29-2006, 06:27 PM
Maybe the M Speed?

Thaimyshoe
03-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Hmm, i was thinking of the m speed too, cause isn't the m speed suppose to be the replacement of the pro #1?

Bora
03-31-2006, 07:21 AM
Just got done hitting with the Magnetic Pro One 98. Its definitely an improvement over the older Pro One. I guess someone else said it best, its an upgrade on an already good racquet. The sweetspot is ample, the serves were impressive, groundies didn't fail.

Colpo
03-31-2006, 07:25 AM
How about a nice Volkl 98, like the V-Engine 10 MP. It's got the flexible shaft you're used to, and a stiff throat and head. I also think the ballfeel is right up there with your Pro One. Think about dropping your tension a couple pounds and stringing with a good multifilament like Fiberace to get a livelier stringbed.