PDA

View Full Version : Grip Size

TENNIS_IS_FUN
03-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Simple Question:

My grip size is just a little bit too small, even with one overgrip. How many overgrips can i apply to a single racket so that it does not affect the weight distribution and the way i play tennis? BTW i have a yonex rdx 500 mid with a 4 3/8 grip size, its too small and i want to add additional overgrips (wilson pro overgrips) without ruining the weight distribution.

DRtenniS1112
03-29-2006, 05:19 PM
You aren't going to ruin weight distribution by changing it. Any amount of overgrips will change it however if you find that it feels okay with 25 overgrips on then heck why not, jk bout the 25 obviously cuz u'd develop TE but still. You should be able to get 2 or maybe 3 on without feeling a difference because they are distributed over such a large area. If you find you are having a huge problem and turned the racket into a head light racket more-so then you can always add lead.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
03-29-2006, 05:22 PM
yea, i want to add lead on the 9 and 3 oclock positions as soon as i can. Thanks for your advice, i will probably end up putting 3 overgrips total on my yonex, hopefully, the weight will not dramatically change. any other speculations?

doriancito
03-29-2006, 05:27 PM
2 wilson overgrips will change the weight, you could try the babolat which is o.40mm thick the wilson is 0.60mm thick so you might want to put 2 babolat overgrips instead of 2 wilson, makes sense?