PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Prince Triple Threat Graphite midsize

Hewittfan22
03-29-2006, 09:53 PM
I just recieved a Prince Triple Threat Graphite midsize which I bought it from ****. I have been using "midsize"
(95sq in. 27 inches long) for about several years now and I really love it with some lead added to the racquet. This racquet is very hard to find these days because it's a discontinued model. So I took this opportunity and got it when i saw it on **** and only one person was bidding. But when I got it head size looked about same ( 95 sq inches) but length was definetly longer. I have one of the 27 1/2 inches long racquet and I measured them right next to each other and this prince one was even longer than babolat PD+. I have never seen this racquet before what kind of right is this? does anybody know? oh also my original one has 4 string holes in the bottom of the racquet and this one only has 3 . i know that there is 100 sq in triple threat grahite which is 27.5 inches long and there is oversized one i think its 110 inches long also 27.5 inches long but this is Midsize it even says on the racquet and powerlevel is 700 and all the other spec(even all the lables) are exact same as my midsize except that its just longer and only 3 string holes in the bottom. this is so werid....

please help!!!

Davai
03-30-2006, 12:02 AM
I assume it isn't new. The racket might have been professionally customized for extended length, asking the seller might clear things up. About the 6 bridge mains, I don't know what to say, check again that it's not supposed to be 6 mains. Quick check: weigh it and measure the specs. If you don't like the extra length, reach, chances are you will be able to cut it down to 27 fairly easily.

BDAZ
03-30-2006, 08:36 AM
who was the seller? is it possible that what you actually have is POG 100 LB painted as the TT Graphite? I bought an "NXG oversize" on **** and it was really the POG LB. I didn't get duped, I bought it for that very reason. I could tell from the picture that it wasn't an NXG. Unfortunately I had to return it, as there was a crack that went un-noticed by the seller. That same guy had some other rackets for sale, and i think there was a "TT Graphite". an interesting note, though...i have the POG LB that TW sold, and the head on one that i got from **** seems a little smaller, not quite so round. maybe it's just the way that it was strung.

Ronaldo
03-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Post a pic Btw, need another in 4 1/2? got one

Ripper
03-30-2006, 09:58 AM
The racket might have been professionally customized for extended length...

Take the grip off and you'll be able to tell if it was customized in this way.

Hewittfan22
03-30-2006, 04:32 PM
I did take the grip off and it seemed like it was customized but another thing is head size it self it very slightly differnt than the one that i have. Also my original triple threat has 4 string holes in the bottom and one i got it from **** has only 3 holes. it's really wierd i will try to post a pic once my camera is working

Hewittfan22
03-30-2006, 04:33 PM
by the way why cant you say E B A Y in here?? everytime i put those words together and it becomes (**** )this.

Gaines Hillix
03-30-2006, 04:45 PM
by the way why cant you say E B A Y in here?? everytime i put those words together and it becomes (**** )this.

The TW message board software is setup to screen out any of their competitor's names from posts on here. It's within their rights as they own and operate this website. They pay the bills.

Hewittfan22
03-30-2006, 11:45 PM
oh i see thanks for the info

diredesire
03-31-2006, 12:05 AM
There were also multiple versions of the TT Midsize.

I believe it started out as an 18x20 patterned frame with double barreled grommets, then it moved to a 16x20 with no DB Grommets (unless it's the other way around), i know it DID move from 18x20 to 16x20... my friend who was sponsored by prince had me string one of his racquets, and i mentioned to him
"Hey, isn't this frame supposed to have double barreled grommets?"

He had no idea, and then i asked him to get his older graphites (which were totally beaten up) and lo and behold, they did... funny he didn't notice, because he strings, too.

I think prince realized that the TT Graphite was basically the rebel with a stabilizer bar and switched the string pattern...

This is all speculation, though.