PDA

View Full Version : Nblade Or Rds001?

tennischibi
03-29-2006, 09:10 PM
i've read the reviews for the nblade and the rds 001 and they both sound pretty good but i just cant decide which one i should get...can someone help me choose?

vin
03-30-2006, 05:53 AM
This is a strange group of rackets to choose from considering they have a 30 point difference in swingweight! (RDS MP = 310, nBlade = 340)

I think the RDS 001 MP has a nice feel and it swings easily, but is low powered. I've never hit with the nBlade.

tennischibi
03-30-2006, 05:02 PM
i see..well thanks for the help but is there anyone who has tried them both?

i dont know if this would help but i tend to hit with more topsin and less power in my shots

ace of spades
03-30-2006, 06:36 PM
There are many other choices that you would suit you much better than those two frames. Always going with the newest stuff is not always the best, I dont see either choices being a good fit for your gamestyle. Maybe a Bab like a Pure Drive or Aero Pro might do you well considering that you hit with less power and more spin.
In addiition, if you do not have fully developed swings i dont recommend the smaller smaller headsizes of either model.

madevil_zero
03-30-2006, 06:58 PM
the nBlade looks cooooler :P so get it

LowProfile
03-30-2006, 07:18 PM
These are both two relatively new frames so there are not many who have hit with both yet. Perhaps you may want to compare them to similar frames, such as RDS to nPS 95 or NBlade to....I dunno, Liquidmetal Prestige?

Adk
03-30-2006, 07:34 PM
This is a strange group of rackets to choose from considering they have a 30 point difference in swingweight! (RDS MP = 310, nBlade = 340)

I think the RDS 001 MP has a nice feel and it swings easily, but is low powered. I've never hit with the nBlade.

About the swingweight of nBlade, I do have a query on the data from TW. It seems to be unreasonably high. I tried to verify it in another site. From TRP's website, and I found the SW of nBlade is just 329 which I believe to be more reasonable.

http://www.trpros.com/wilson-nblade.xml

Don't know which one is correct.

alfa164164
03-31-2006, 05:47 AM
I've hit with both of these.
I would say the nBlade is a nice all-court racket, while the RDS-001 MP is better suited to a baseliner or counter puncher.
Both are really nice sticks, but I went with the nBlade because it is really really comfortable (strung with Isospeed Professional).
Ironically, even with the higher SW and less HL balance point, the nBlade is very manueverable and doesn't create any arm fatigue over long matches.
Maybe I have finally found a frame I will stick with for a long time.

Ripper
03-31-2006, 08:57 AM
Maybe I have finally found a frame I will stick with for a long time.

Been there. The feeling doesn't last. We're all nuts, lol.

Regarding which is better, if the nBlade or the RDS001, my answer is the RDS001. Why? Well, because it's a Yonex and that's what I'm into, right now. Isn't that how questions are answered around here? Hey, I'm just in a joking mood. Sorry.

alfa164164
03-31-2006, 09:59 AM
You are wise beyond your linear years!

tennischibi
03-31-2006, 12:44 PM
thanks for all the tips and i guess its true that new sticks arent always better but i kind of wanted a racket with more feel to it...right now i use a rdx 500 midsize and im okay with it but i dont get the feel i want all the time...