PDA

View Full Version : Another Paintjob Embarrassment

mileslong
06-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Anyone catch the williams - zheng match today. the chinese gal was obvisouly playing a prince with the stabilizing bar and wilson has the nerve to still paint it like its an N5 or something. does wilson just think that we are all morons? just paint the damn thing black and let her put it in a big wilson bag and be done with it. dont insult our intelligence... :twisted:

dander
06-22-2004, 01:20 PM
i was wondering what the hell that racket was...
i thought maybe she dusted out an old Sting

perfmode
06-22-2004, 01:25 PM
All she needed was a big W stencil. That's all most people notice when they watch tennis anyways.

kreative
06-22-2004, 02:31 PM
it's a wilson hyper hammer 5.2 oversize (106"). it has the hyper bar (i.e stabilizer bar)

http://photo910.tripod.com/gkopihtm/gkopi/z1586g2.jpg

Singles Indonesia 2003, Photo by Stephane Gendre

http://www.equipexpress.com/images/wilson-hyper-hammer-52-oversized.jpg

shifty
06-22-2004, 02:50 PM
Here's other examples that it is a Wilson HyperHammer 5.2 OS (106") and not a Prince
http://altura.speedera.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/200000/205800/205823/Products/3984454.jpg
http://img.countrymall.co.kr/co_img004/country/item/20b.jpg

lelopez
06-22-2004, 02:55 PM
darn mileslong, do a little more research before bad mouthing Wilson.......they may paint their OWN racquets, but not others...

epoc
06-22-2004, 03:20 PM
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_02_zheng27_reuters.jpg
As you can see from this image from the wimbledon site (http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_02_zheng27_reuters.jpg) she is not using a nCode paint job. Just the plain original racquet.

D. Nelson
06-22-2004, 03:55 PM
...that last picture is GREAT !!!

mileslong
06-22-2004, 05:48 PM
darn mileslong, do a little more research before bad mouthing Wilson.......they may paint their OWN racquets, but not others...
LOL, i did look on the TW website before posting but didnt see anything like that. of course wilson has about 500 different models. is slamming wilson like insulting the pope or something? they are the worst about painting rackets.

a verrry large duck
06-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Yeah miles you need to do some homework, other than that i support your bad-mouthing of wilson paintjobs.

corncob3466
06-22-2004, 08:55 PM
this stick sounds pretty good. anyone ever use the oversize? i wanna try it.

CliffH
06-22-2004, 08:57 PM
Hey miles. More support. I wonder if wilson has the guts to paint serena's, henin's, venus's, davenport et al like n-codes! Crap, if they can do it to federer's why not? if you lie twice (they're already paint jobs) does it make it any worse? Hmmmmmm an n-code with power holes! That will drive some poor slob nuts!!! :shock:

david aames
06-23-2004, 07:41 AM
Go back studying the TW warehouse some more and eat your crow in silence please. Another Mileslong embarassment...

LOL, i did look on the TW website before posting but didnt see anything like that. of course wilson has about 500 different models. is slamming wilson like insulting the pope or something? they are the worst about painting rackets.

mileslong
06-23-2004, 10:07 AM
Go back studying the TW warehouse some more and eat your crow in silence please. Another Mileslong embarassment...
i laugh at my mistakes the same way i would laugh at you after i laid you out like a little *****...

ProStaffTour90
06-23-2004, 10:10 AM
She wouldn't have a paintjob anyway, she has no contract with wilson! She just uses a wilson racquet!

mileslong
06-23-2004, 11:12 AM
for the record, the reason i didnt see this racket on TW is because there is no photo of the oversize on here, just the standard one. next time i will try and phone the president of wilson and fly out to their factory to research if they have ever made a certain racket...

lelopez
06-23-2004, 12:10 PM
next time i will try and phone the president of wilson and fly out to their factory to research if they have ever made a certain racket...

That was a great comeback mileslong.....but lets not turn this into a debate.

I think this thread is done......

Datacipher
06-23-2004, 12:49 PM
this stick sounds pretty good. anyone ever use the oversize? i wanna try it.

One of my students used to use it, so for fun I hit with it for 5 min. It was OK, but too much trampoline from the rollers for me....you could get big spin and pace from it in the sweetspot....

bsandy
06-23-2004, 07:49 PM
5.2 doesn't have rollers . . . sorry !

Wilson stopped making 5.2 a couple of years ago !!

. . . Bud

Metzler
06-23-2004, 09:50 PM
Once again, the strong reasoning, maturity and potent research skills of the conspiracy theorists are on display!
The only "paintjobs" that there are are all black Mark P. types to spite a company that won't pay them to endorse their frames. The other "paintjobs" are merely different string patterns and pre-applied lead tape to commercially available models offered by Wilson and other companies to their pros and promising amateurs.

goober
06-23-2004, 11:29 PM
I thought OS racquets were on the way out in the pros especially OS hammers!

mileslong
06-24-2004, 12:01 PM
The only "paintjobs" that there are are all black Mark P. types to spite a company that won't pay them to endorse their frames. The other "paintjobs" are merely different string patterns and pre-applied lead tape to commercially available models offered by Wilson and other companies to their pros and promising amateurs
another immature viewpoint as you are obviously wrong. please read these excerpts from racquettech.com about the wilson pro room. please do better research in the future and better reasoning skills in the future. a very immature post on your part... :P
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the most part, the best on the tour will receive hand-crafted racquets from Wilson. This includes racquets that match in weight, balance, or swingweight, depending on what the player chooses. Players can request different string patterns (such as an 18x20 string pattern for a racquet that normally comes with a 16x18 pattern), custom handle shapes, and matching of weight, balance, and swingweight on all frames. Rocchi does all the tuning himself by hand, sometimes spending hours on a single racquet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mess with the bull and you are liable to get the horns...

bsandy
06-24-2004, 12:15 PM
I guess we have different definiations of paintjobs and custom jobs. Most ranked players get custom racquets, from the custom shops of their companies.

Ridiclous comments that Andre is hitting with a trisys and Serena is using a painted skunk are silly. These players are making millions on endorsements. The cost of a custom mold is nothing !

OBTW . . . you also have to be kidding if you think you'll play better with their racquets. There's a reason they make the racquets for us they way they do.

. . . Bud

Bhagi Katbamna
06-25-2004, 01:54 PM
It was actually a St. Vincent's Pro-Staff painted to look like a HH 5.2 OS

ChipNCharge
05-24-2005, 11:18 AM
I saw a pic this afternoon of Zheng playing in the French today (I would post the pic but I don't know how to do that). She's STILL using the 5.2 O/S. She must really like it!

Chip

Jonnyf
05-24-2005, 11:45 AM
wilson Hammer Tour oversize has a stabalizing bar

ChipNCharge
05-24-2005, 11:58 AM
The H Tour? The oversize version of the H Tour doesn't have a stabilizer bar.

Chip

Jonnyf
05-24-2005, 12:25 PM
here it is
The Wilson H Tour 105 Hammer... Exceptional Feel. Total Control.The 105 size racket has a slightly wider beam and does not contain any Kevlar hence has a slightly softer feel than the 95 head.
Swing Style Fast and Long
Head Size 105 in sq
Weight (unstrung) 283g
Length 27.25 inches
Cross Section 24mm Flat Beam
Grip Size 2,3 only
Composition 100% graphite
AMT power rating 7

Our Opinion :This new racket based on the Justine Henin tour 95 racket....this is a lighter racket that also generates amazing power.
http://img170.echo.cx/img170/4838/aaawilsonrac9wz.jpg
soz imageshack isn't working plz if you give me more i'll just post it here

gregraven
05-25-2005, 05:07 PM
(snip) they are the worst about painting rackets.

I take this to mean that you never visited a tournament stringing room in the weeks after Head introduced the Liquidmetal Prestige.