PDA

View Full Version : BEST BALLS: (Penn ATP Xd) VS. (Wilson U.S. Open XDuty) VS. (Dunlop GrandPrix XD) ??

cozmo5050
03-30-2006, 02:36 AM
what are the advantages/disadvantages of each ball? i am primarily looking for balls that hold their bounce the longest....

it seems these forums everyone likes the Dunlop GP xd balls, but id like to know why.
I've always played the standard Penn Extra-Duty (red/black can) tennis balls and never really noticed differences between tennis balls.

any detailed comments/ user comparison experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Im about to buy a case of balls very soon. Thanks.

aidenous
03-30-2006, 01:57 PM
The reason Dunlop is the favorite is that they hold their bounce much longer than Penn and Wilson. No comparsion Dunlop is the better choice.

BattleAxe
03-30-2006, 06:13 PM
My partner and I used to love Penn balls, but recently we have been getting some real duds. They are heavy, with a non-bouncy brick-like feel. They never used to be like that, but I have a suspicion that something bad is happening with Penn quality. Just my observation.

We have since switched exclusively to Dunlop. They are great!! They last forever and play great! I'm referring to the Dunlop Championship hard court balls. Never tried the GP's.