PDA

View Full Version : NBMJ - DNX 9 Question

Michael Musok
03-30-2006, 06:01 AM
I've played a couple of times with the DNX 9 and have to say that so far I really like it. I'm pleased that it doesn't feel stiff or harsh, especially after the last batch of 9's (tour 9 & 9ve). The feel of this racquet is something that I'm getting used to, it's totally different than all the other Volkl racquets I've ever played with, not bad mind you, just different.

Here's my question: You mentioned that you put a leather grip on and then took it off because it changed the way the racquet played, could you be more specific? It's hard to believe that a leather grip, making the racquet 1 or 2 more points head light, would have a big effect. I have always played with a leather grip and the only thing that's bothering me with the DNX 9 at the moment is the spongy feel of the original grip with a Prince Duratac overwrap. What are you doing to firm up the grip as I know you're used to leather as well?

One more question: My DNX 9 came strung with Volkl Power XL / 15L. Is this a decent string or not really? I can't find this string listed anywhere and I really can't judge it because it's all new to me, racquet and string.

SC in MA
03-30-2006, 06:24 AM
<snip> One more question: My DNX 9 came strung with Volkl Power XL / 15L. Is this a decent string or not really? I can't find this string listed anywhere and I really can't judge it because it's all new to me, racquet and string.
It appears to be a low end string.

Here's what the European Volkl website says about the Volkl Power XL/15L string.

"POWER XL

Single core Nylon-string, for lang-lasting performance.

1.35/15L, natural, 200 m / 660 ft

Available only in reels of 200 m/660 ft"

http://www.voelkl-tennis.com/cms/front_content.php?idcat=63

NoBadMojo
03-30-2006, 06:34 AM
The leather changed the dynamics of the frame (for me) as far as swingweight and balance, i liked it better stock, so I took it off. Usually leather is an automatic for me. May be fine for you..give it a try. Control is pretty special even without the leather, power, spin, feel, maneuverability, etc.
Would the Power string be PowerFibre? If so, that is a very nice multi string

keithf
03-30-2006, 07:06 AM
I'm assuming that the DNX9 can be purchased currently in Europe. Does anyone know a reputable store that can ship to North America?

Please email me off list.

Many thanks.

Keith

Michael Musok
03-31-2006, 04:40 AM
SC in MA - Thanks for the info on the string. I'm glad to hear it's a low end string, the racquet can only play better with a higher end string.

keithf - Leave your e-mail and I'll give you my connection.

keithf
03-31-2006, 06:27 AM
Hi Michael,

Email address is keithf28@gmail.com

Cheers

harryhai
03-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi Micheal,

Can you also email me your contact for Volkl dnx 9 too? My email is harryhai123@hotmail.com. Thanks a lot.

Harry

aceswild30
04-03-2006, 07:55 AM
Michael,

Could you please email me (Aceswild30@yahoo.com) your European source as well. The DNX 9 looks to be exactly what I am loking for and I doi not want to wait until mid June. Thanks.

Ryan