PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used a Pro Pocket stringing machine?

HT
03-01-2004, 04:17 PM
I'm wondering if anyone ever use this type of machine. I saw it on stringforum.net. But I have not been able to find it anywhere on the web.

matchpoints
03-01-2004, 07:21 PM
That used to be advertised in the TENNIS MAGAZINE. Check the older issues if you have them. I'll check mine if I remember and get you a number.

There's another manufacter that has a mini machine. It's made in Korea, and I can't recall what it's called. They have a website that i went to a while back. The base clamps to a table and you mount the racquet on it. Then the electric tensioner is a small 4"x4"x6" box. You prestring the racquet and place this box next to the frame in front of the hole where the string is. There's a small gripper on top of the box that pulls the string, then you clamp with a flying clamp.

I had a friend (top junior in aussieland) that used to use this to string her Babolat PD's at i beleive it was 70lbs. Anyhow, she told me she hasn't broken a stick yet.

now, THAT machine was CRAZY portable. It was TINY!

danb
04-29-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm wondering if anyone ever use this type of machine. I saw it on stringforum.net. But I have not been able to find it anywhere on the web.

I got one for sale Ph# 415 238 2090

cmb
04-28-2011, 03:11 AM
Anyone know where I can buy one of these? I was just reading on String forums and this one looks really interesting.
I have a Bartom stringer from argentina, its pretty portable, it sort of fits into a box...but this looks like it might be a bit more portable...thanks in advance!

Irvin
04-28-2011, 03:53 AM
Those remind me of the old Tremount I used to have. There was one of them up for auction a few weeks ago maybe it is still available.

http://tinyurl.com/3dbetdn

It is missing all the clamps though so I doubt it is worth more than shipping costs if you asked me. Also it looks very small so it could be for something other than tennis.

Irvin

Irvin
04-28-2011, 04:01 AM
Here is another Tremont. Not sure how the clamps work I had the TR Stringer and it had three flying clamps with it. New it was $110.

http://tinyurl.com/3m69hju

Irvin