PDA

View Full Version : My Prestige Classics died on me!!

Pixie
03-31-2006, 05:21 AM
Both of my Prestige Classics broke in the same spot, where the 'V' meets the hoop, i'm assuming they broke there because the frame is really flexy there, but come on, TWO FRAMES IN A WEEK!!
Anyway, both racquets were pretty old, but i loved them!
My question is, has anyone experienced the same problem? all prestiges break that easily?
Will post some pics tomorrow.
Thanks for any input!

djones
03-31-2006, 06:09 AM
I have an old Prestige Classic, which I bought second hand which has some cracks at those places and also a Head Classic mid has the same cracks, but I believe that's from hitting my racquet on the ground a few times:-)

SteveI
03-31-2006, 07:14 AM
Both of my Prestige Classics broke in the same spot, where the 'V' meets the hoop, i'm assuming they broke there because the frame is really flexy there, but come on, TWO FRAMES IN A WEEK!!
Anyway, both racquets were pretty old, but i loved them!
My question is, has anyone experienced the same problem? all prestiges break that easily?
Will post some pics tomorrow.
Thanks for any input!

Hi,

Depends on # of hours the frames are used, # of stringings, how hard you hit the ball and the tension the frames are being strung at. Many on this board feel that frames are worn-out after a few years and should be replaced even if they do not break. Yes.. they become soft and the bonds begin to break that hold the graphite fibers together. A well know fact..

Steve

Pixie
03-31-2006, 08:19 AM
yes Steve, what you said is true, and it's the case on my racquets, they were pretty old, i've strung them A LOT, and you can say i hit a heavy ball, but both frames cracked at the same spot, so i'm assuming most prestiges must crack there.
the sad part is, i'm in Uruguay, and this frame is impossible to find here, not even the newer frams (iPrestige, LM, Fx, etc), the HEAD rep here doesn't carry the prestige line, they only have 3 iprestige MIDPLUS in stock.....
So i'm now looking at my older racquets and buying lead tape, i have some Pro Staff 6.1 classics an a YONEX RD TI50 left, i'll fiddle a little with them an see.
Many thanks to all of you, it's a great board.

djones
03-31-2006, 08:59 AM
yes Steve, what you said is true, and it's the case on my racquets, they were pretty old, i've strung them A LOT, and you can say i hit a heavy ball, but both frames cracked at the same spot, so i'm assuming most prestiges must crack there.
the sad part is, i'm in Uruguay, and this frame is impossible to find here, not even the newer frams (iPrestige, LM, Fx, etc), the HEAD rep here doesn't carry the prestige line, they only have 3 iprestige MIDPLUS in stock.....
So i'm now looking at my older racquets and buying lead tape, i have some Pro Staff 6.1 classics an a YONEX RD TI50 left, i'll fiddle a little with them an see.
Many thanks to all of you, it's a great board.

You can order them from germany, www.E B A Y . de search Head Prestige.
There are two sellers there selling 'm for 99 and the other for 95 Euros, about 85 and 80 US Dollars.

The shipping should be about 20/30 Dollars as well.

If you can't figure it out on E B A Y, send an E-mail to: Der-Clou@t-online.de

That's one seller on the auction site's straight E-mail address.
I have just bought one from them, waiting for it to come in.

Good luck!

Pixie
03-31-2006, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the links! I've been doing a little searching myself too, but i'm kinda scared now with used PC600...besides, i could wait and order from TW soon, but the shipping & custom fees here are...well, a little bit too much.
djones, i think you got the Euro conversion backwards, i think 1 Euro is 1.21 USD aprox. that makes 99 Euros 120 USD..
Anyway, thanks for your help!

tennisnj
03-31-2006, 09:29 AM
I have a former doubles partner who had the same problem w/his Prestige Classics. This was years ago, but asking around we found it to be very common w/the racquets, almost like a production flaw. It might have something to do w/usage, but I tend to think otherwise b/c of the frequency of breakage.

qent4977
03-31-2006, 01:56 PM
I use to have 2 prestige classics since 1991 and i still have one left! its anincredible racket and i always string it at around 56-58 but never higher than that..theyre pretty durable to me

diadorakuerten
03-31-2006, 02:05 PM
This guy called racketguy sells them on e b a y for $124.95 if you buy them for him directly and there's no taxes because he's in Canada. Shipping is only $20 if you want express shipping and you get them in 2/3 days if you're in the US. I bought 3 from him and I'm the happiest camper out there! Brand new PC Classic 600!

johnathan smith
04-01-2006, 11:07 AM
I know where you can get a few (brand new) 3/8's grips prestige classic 600's, for even cheaper than that.
I will not post here out of respect to TW, and this is only a one time deal.
jwhtennis777@yahoo.com