PDA

View Full Version : Comparision: Prince Air DB, O3 White, Völkl DNX V1

Michelangelo
03-31-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm currently planning to add one mid-plus or oversize racket to my collection for easy warm-up and catch-up since lately I don't have too much time to play, and my nSix-One Tour 90 becomes a bit too demanding under this situation. I'm considering among Prince Air DB (mainly because it's inexpensive), Prince O3 White and Völkl DNX V1 (I've hit with my friend's Völkl Tour 9 V-Engine 16X19 and I really enjoy the feel). I would like to hear some comment on stability and spin potential of these rackets. Thanks a lot.

tennisnj
03-31-2006, 10:06 AM
I can only discuss the Prince Air DB OS & Volkl DNX V1 OS. In a nutshell, don't bother w/the Air DB OS, it's not worth even the discounted price. It borders on a 'rec' racquet if you know what I mean. I won't go any further then that.
While it's easy for me to say the DNX is the Holy Grail for me, & it might be a biased opinion, I've never had arm or shoulder problems w/the DNX V1, for me it's a very stable racquet. The spin potential is minimal, depends on the player, but I've found generally, OS racquets are not spin-friendly. As a whole, I've played w/dozens & dozens of both Prince & Volkl racquets, & I find the Volkl family is much more comfortable than the Princes (which is why I switched).
Sorry I couldn't help you with the 03 White.