PDA

View Full Version : NBMJ - DNX 8 Question

purplemoose
03-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Looks like I'm going to order a Volkl DNX 8. Now the big question. Demos were strung with NXT or NRG. I usually use Big Banger Power ALU. On this racket I was thinking about 52 lbs with ALU. The only other string that I've really liked was Technifibre 515 (soft). I know you like Klip Armour Pro, so do you think it will offer the same or better control, easy on the arm, etc.

Your thoughts are appreciated!

NoBadMojo
04-01-2006, 05:59 AM
Hi there. I'm not sure I understand your question. I really dont recommend ALU for non pros so little help there i'm afraid.

purplemoose
04-01-2006, 08:36 AM
Anyone else?

vin
04-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Here are the strings I've tried in this frame:

Wilson Stamina 16
Wilson Synthetic Gut Extreme 16
Wilson Synthetic Gut Extreme 15L
Prince Tournmanent Nylon 15L
Babolat Tonic 16
Head RIP Control

Based on comfort, price, and durability, the Wilson Extreme 16 is my normal string, but I was tearing through it in this racket. The Stamina and the Extreme 15L didn't fare well either.

For me, RIP Control was the most comfortable string, even more than the Tonic (gut), but the RIP Control has a little bit of a dead feeling to it. I can't comment on the durability because I haven't played enough hours with either to break them.

So far, the Prince Tournament Nylon 15L was the most durable, but I didn't really like it. Wasn't all that comfortable (in this frame) and seemed to stretch too much. Sounds contradictory, but that's how it felt.

I would definitely not string this frame with poly. You may be able to get away with some of the softest polys available, but it's probably not worth it if you care about your arm.

Good luck, it's a fun frame.

purplemoose
04-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks Vin, thats the type of insight I was looking for.