PDA

View Full Version : Ankle Braces

zorg
03-31-2006, 04:46 PM
I sorta sprained my ankle today, so I want to put on the ASO Ankle Brace for a little support. But before I buy it, I want to ask a question. Does it have a stiff piece of plastic or something to make sure that you don't turn on your ankle?

Freedom
03-31-2006, 10:52 PM
If you sprained your ankle, I would think you should let it heal before you go playing. I think ankle braces are preventetive, not for healing while playing...

Jonnyf
04-01-2006, 12:04 AM
No it doesn't have a plastic bit but the fastening method more than makes up for it.

travlerajm
04-01-2006, 12:39 AM
I'd recommend the Air Stirrup by AirCast. It has the hard plastic strips on the sides that go all the way down to the sole. It gives a lot more support than any of the ankle braces that can be found at a regular sporting goods store. The AirCast is sold only at specialty medical supplies stores. Also, I think they are also the most comfortable as well. Only negative is it's a little pricier ($50), but it's definitely worth it - it's impossible to sprain when you're wearing it.

tonysk83
04-01-2006, 09:16 PM
How bad did you sprain it? I use the mcdavid braces, just because they were cheaper then the ASO and are basically the same thing, atleast that is what my school trainer said. You don't really need the inserts, if they are tightly laced, youll get tons of support. They take like 2 or 3 days of use to get used to them. I had some bad blisters after the first few days.