PDA

View Full Version : Matching worn out grip...

moosryan
03-31-2006, 07:11 PM
OK...here's my deal. I have 4 racquets (LM Radicals) and they all have the same Head Hydrocontrol grip on them that was originally put on at the factory. I've had the racquets for over a year now, so the grips are fairly worn down. I don't really care how they feel because I always use overgip.

Today, I had to take one of the grips off, so I could restaple the buttcap, so now I need to get a new grip.

What grip would you guys reccomend to match the feel of the worn down grips on the other racquets. By worn down, I just mean they've gotten thinner (compressed from so much use), not like holes in them.

Thanks!
moos.

Freedom
03-31-2006, 09:48 PM
You want a thin grip? Just put an overgrip on, then another overgrip. Replacement grips are thicker than overgrips.

moosryan
04-01-2006, 07:41 AM
I don't think I want to go quite that thin...and I also like the way replacement grips provide a flat surface for overgrip. any other suggestions?

nViATi
04-01-2006, 08:40 AM
get this grip
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACHEAD-HCTT.html
and tear off all the paper backing and sticky stuff so you can see through the triangle. It will feel very nice with an overgrip over it.(not too harsh but not too much cushion either)

vinnier6
04-02-2006, 08:07 AM
depending on how picky you are, i would replace all the grips at the same time...i want every racquet in my bag to feel exactly alike...

moosryan
04-02-2006, 09:17 AM
oh well...i ended up just buying another hydrocontrol, i suppose it'll wear down eventually too.

tennis4losers
04-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Get the RPNY leather grip. they are reaaaallllly thin. Roman says that their leather grip+overgrip=standard grip size. Hope that helps

moosryan
04-02-2006, 12:18 PM
hmm, that sounds like fun. how much do those cost?