PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Champ XD Tennis Balls for cheap!

jamauss
04-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Last night I stopped by a new "Sports Authority" store near where I live - it used to be a Sportmart. I was just curious what had changed in the store with the change of name/ownership.

So I walked in and went over to the tennis aisle and saw signs along the bottom shelf about clearance sales on tennis balls. So I walked closer...

They were selling Dunlop Champ XD (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACDUNLOP-DCHTBC.html) (Hard Court) balls for $0.99 a can! At first I was in disbelief, I thought it must be a mistake or something. But every can had a little orange sticker with "$ .99 +tx" on it so I figured it was legit.

I walked over to an employee and asked if he could go in the back and get me a box. After he got me a box I proceeded to relieve them of every can they had. :cool: I walked out of there carrying a box full of 42 cans that I paid $41.58 for (plus tax).

I love finding great deals like that. :D

PM_
04-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Good score jamauss!!!:cool:

pached
04-01-2006, 11:10 AM
There's a SportsAuthority where I live too. I like the store a lot since they always have a huge selection on basically everything, but I've never seen their prices go that low.

jamauss
04-01-2006, 11:14 AM
There's a SportsAuthority where I live too. I like the store a lot since they always have a huge selection on basically everything, but I've never seen their prices go that low.

Me neither. I think the one near me might be trying to move a lot of inventory right now because they had really low "clearance" type prices on tons of stuff. I was tempted to buy some dri-fit tennis clothing too because they had last years apparel for about 50% off.

quest01
04-01-2006, 09:16 PM
I guess that means ill have to check out the Sports Authority store in my area. Maybe they will have that deal with the Dunlop balls.

pached
04-03-2006, 02:58 PM
I guess that means ill have to check out the Sports Authority store in my area. Maybe they will have that deal with the Dunlop balls.

I went to one over the weekend and didn't see any good deals on balls. I ended up getting 2 packs of Wilson Pro Overgrips for $12 (:mad: ) because I needed some new overgrips later that day.