PDA

View Full Version : Gosen OG Micro 17 ok for cross hybrid?

StepBack
06-23-2004, 04:24 AM
Hi,
Im 4.5-5.0 playing Wilson HyperCarbon 6.1 18x20. Im base line player.
My intention is to buy every here mentioned quality poly and give a test to find best that suits me.
I was thinking prince 17 duraflex for cross but I noticed great price on Gosen 200 meter reel of Gosen OG Micro 17.
Is that string pretty much like Prince dura 17 (play,durability etc.? WIll that tring be fine for cross, because I expect something that will not be "eaten"
by main poly. Is that a good chioce or to get something else for cross? To get 16 gauge maybe?

edit1: Mains will be tt,lux etc. etc , 16l or 17 gauge

r,B

PHSTennis
06-23-2004, 08:10 AM
I used to use Luxilon ALU hybrids with Syntronic Brio... played with TiMO too... I love ALU! I have 1 more packs, but I dont want to pay for it... I started using syn gut cause the TiMO lost tension... Im saving it for when season starts again... The Gosen Sheep Micro 17g isn't bad I liked it... Im probably going to use it the fact that its $29.99 ... if you use that in the crosses with an ALU... it' ll probably get chopped off... the ALU is serious stuff... Duraflex, I stopped using that because yes the string last longer but it dies on me so I got the original... I myself have a stringer so I can restring every 3 days If I had to... If you dont have one you should consider in investing one... Its good money here in Southern California... I use a Hammer 5.2 Power baseliner also, but for a month I've been working with my pro to rush the net more... I think next season im going to be all around... Hope it helps... Have fun!

drak
06-24-2004, 05:24 AM
Yes, it works fine. I have used it in gut to Poly as a cross - it is about all I use as a cross string when hybriding.