PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Hurricane 17 and Babolat VS Natural Gut 17

Hellas
06-23-2004, 03:34 AM
I haven't tried a hybrid stringing before and I was thinking of using Babolat Hurricane 17 gauge in my mains and Babolat VS Natural Gut 17 in the crosses. I use a Babolat Pure Drive and don't break strings too often.

Does this sound like a good combination ?
Is the Hurricane a good string, somebody told my that it was too stiff ?

StepBack
06-23-2004, 04:40 AM
I think Roddick uses that sort of hybrid. I think you cannot go wrong with that combination. You will get nice power, spin and feel by mixing gut and advance poly.

Hellas
06-23-2004, 04:45 AM
Thanks StepBack, keeping in mind I dont have a huge problem with control and prefer not to string too tight, what tension would you recommend for the mains (Hurricane ) and what tension for the crosses (VS NG) ?

StepBack
06-23-2004, 05:26 AM
One more thing: if you are planing to buy gut consider BOW BRAND on TW, price 2x lower than VS and I guess the pretty much feel & control etc.
I played pure drive before but dont have experience with huricane nor gut. I would say 24/24 kg I guess. Let say 25/24 is some kind of standard for 95 inch head, you got 100 inch and dont wana got tight that is 25/24 let say, but you got huricane which need lose tension so lower 1 kilo on main. This hybrid will give you much power so I would not go to low.
Like I said I got now experience with these two strings so better wait for someone else to reply.

!Tym
06-23-2004, 07:44 AM
If you're gonna hybrid the gut with a poly, you'd be better served buying a cheaper gut such as Bow or BDE Rally, particuarly if you put the gut in the crosses.

Hellas
06-23-2004, 07:51 AM
Thanks !Tym, would you not recommend putting the Bow gut in the crosses ?

What tension would you think is best ?

kalle
06-23-2004, 10:53 AM
Another recommedation would be to get a set of the Klip X-Plosive 17g. This is a pre-packaged gut hybrid with gut and K-Boom (co-poly string). Plays great.