PDA

View Full Version : POG midplus - armfriendly enough?

framebreaker
04-01-2006, 03:12 PM
How arm frinedly are the Prince Graphite Classic (Original) midplus racquets?
the flex rate is 66. i could lead it up though.
Since I have never had any ellbow problems and could play with stiff racquets for hours withouth any pain the POG should be fine, or?
however, I would like to play with a higher tension like 63-65.
I don't think that TE problems are permanent. if i should experience any pain i could pause and switch the racquet. any people with TE experience?

POGforEver
04-01-2006, 04:03 PM
I've played with a POG for almost 5years and I've never had any elbow problems. The only time I remember my POG hurting my elbow was when my grip size was too small, easy fix. You should be fine though if you've never had any problems...good luck and great choice for a new stick!

framebreaker
04-01-2006, 04:10 PM
thanks for your opinion. feel much better now:D

fishuuuuu
04-01-2006, 04:19 PM
It's not forgiving if you miss a lot off-center coupled with some of the stiffer strings out there. But overall not really a problem to be concerned about.

KOtennis
04-03-2006, 10:39 PM
no problem with tennis elbow using my POG MP. i had tennis elbow last year using other racquets. now i have recovered and using the POG MP, TE did not return.

AndrewD
04-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Using the POG mp I didn't develop TE or any other problems. A racquet with a flex of 66 is never going to be the most arm-friendly frame but, in that stiffer bracket, the POG does seem to be a pretty good choice.

vinky
04-03-2006, 11:59 PM
I've been hearing for years that the POG is one of the most comfortable rackets out there. I finally got one several months ago, but it still remains unstrung and unused.. I should test it out sometime

theJuniorACE
04-04-2006, 02:14 AM
ive never had any problems with it
its just an amazing racquet

rocket
04-04-2006, 04:54 AM
I agree with all the posters above. Its stiffness is not jarring at all on off-center hits; if anything, it allows you to still place the ball where you intended.

The only pain you will probably experience is the muscle workout pain, since you'll be hitting the ball so hard...

Ripper
04-04-2006, 05:18 AM
I've been hearing for years that the POG is one of the most comfortable rackets out there

I believe they're refering to the OS version.

Pancho
04-04-2006, 05:49 AM

I find POG OS very comfortable to the arm.

BDAZ
04-04-2006, 06:56 AM
it is certainly stiffer than the POG LB 100" (which is one reason that i didn't like LB), but not really enough to hurt your elbow. i've had TE in the past and used my POG with no problem, except when i tried a stiffer string. stay away from polys and even poly hybrids. if you're brave enough with that very open string pattern, try natural gut. when you make solid contact with that set up, there's no better feeling racket out there. absolutely perfect. plus you get the added TE benefits of natural gut. I have a POG OS that i'm dying to string up with gut. maybe when these strings break.

vinky
04-04-2006, 08:29 AM

Yeah, that's especially true. But also a lot of good things have been said about the mid, as well

scotus
04-04-2006, 11:59 AM
According to racquetresearch.com, POG OS is excellent in terms of its arm-friendliness (#1 over all). POG MP, however, is rated poorly (somewhere around #80-90, I think.

SCSI
04-04-2006, 01:55 PM
I agree. POG Mid+ can be pretty hard on your arm, if you have poly strings on.

framebreaker
04-04-2006, 07:16 PM
thanks for the input!!