PDA

View Full Version : Prince O3 Hybrid Shark.

misa1125
04-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Im currently demoing a Prince O3 Hybrid Shark OS. Its strung with Gosen Polylon 17 polyester strings. I really like the feel of the racket, along with the way it swings, but if find that alot of my shots are flying. I need to hold back my swing speed so i can keep the ball in the court.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on similar rackets with lower power(O3 white?), or even suggestions on better strings/tension to make it less powerful.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

netman
04-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Just finished playtesting it. Mine was strung with Wilson Sensation 17. It does have a lot of power in the elongated sweetspot. Found that you had to add spin to keep balls in play consistently. Where it shined was in hard hitting doubles matches. When facing 100+ mph serves and rapid fire volleys, you could shank a return/volley and it would still get back into play with some depth. Very cushy, but tradeoff was complete lack of feel.

-k-

pmata814
04-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Im currently demoing a Prince O3 Hybrid Shark OS. Its strung with Gosen Polylon 17 polyester strings. I really like the feel of the racket, along with the way it swings, but if find that alot of my shots are flying. I need to hold back my swing speed so i can keep the ball in the court.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on similar rackets with lower power(O3 white?), or even suggestions on better strings/tension to make it less powerful.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I had the same problems when I demoed the Hybrid Shark. I didn't like
the O3white..I tried the Hybrid Hornet and loved it. But it might be too light for you if you liked the feel of the shark.

misa1125
04-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Just finished playtesting it. Mine was strung with Wilson Sensation 17. It does have a lot of power in the elongated sweetspot. Found that you had to add spin to keep balls in play consistently. Where it shined was in hard hitting doubles matches. When facing 100+ mph serves and rapid fire volleys, you could shank a return/volley and it would still get back into play with some depth. Very cushy, but tradeoff was complete lack of feel.

-k-

yep! i noticed that too...if i didnt put enough topspin on it, the ball would go flying. I did love how great it is at the net/volleys. I really wish i could find a racquet similar to it with less power.

pmata814, what didnt you like about the O3 white? Next racquets I plan on demoing are the Hornet and the O3 white, and probably the Diablo XP. Hopefully one of those three will be similar to the shark, with less power.

donnyz89
04-01-2006, 07:59 PM
I personally dont like the O3, not very good response or feel to them. I think if you want a lower powered racquet that allows you to swing freely, look into some of the older racquets like Diablo Tour, POG, NXG Graphite. These are really nice player sticks, I just switched to Diablo Tour, and its amazing. I can swing as fast as I want with great control. Give it a shot. looks very cool too.

walkman
04-04-2006, 12:52 PM
I tried the Shark and thought it was the right weight for me, but I also found that the ball would sail if I didn't put spin on a shot (both groundstroke or volley).

While I wish the Hybrid Hornet had more weight, I found that it keeps the ball in play better than the Shark.

The O-tour has a lot less power, but it's significantly heavier and lacks the pop that is easily obtained with the H Shark.

legolas
04-04-2006, 04:23 PM
i ried it, it has plenty of pop, so that means the o3 hornet will have mor epop, thats what they advertised

misa1125
04-04-2006, 08:59 PM
I tried the Shark and thought it was the right weight for me, but I also found that the ball would sail if I didn't put spin on a shot (both groundstroke or volley).

While I wish the Hybrid Hornet had more weight, I found that it keeps the ball in play better than the Shark.

The O-tour has a lot less power, but it's significantly heavier and lacks the pop that is easily obtained with the H Shark.

I really like the weight of the hybrid shark too...it fits me perfectly, along with the swing weight. Its just that i hate that i cant keep my flat shots in. Thats why I was wondering, if anyone had a suggestion that was ALOT like the shark, but just slightly less powerful..

The O3 white seems enticing...

BiGGieStuFF
04-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Here is a suggestion. I own both the turbo shark and O3 shark. Went through NXT Tour and Technifibre x-one biphase. My answer for sailing shots is a luxilon bb ace 18. I normally hit with a lot of spin on my forehand but my flat shots don't make me go "WOAH" anymore. I'm FINALLY able to swing out consistently with this racket.

misa1125
04-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Here is a suggestion. I own both the turbo shark and O3 shark. Went through NXT Tour and Technifibre x-one biphase. My answer for sailing shots is a luxilon bb ace 18. I normally hit with a lot of spin on my forehand but my flat shots don't make me go "WOAH" anymore. I'm FINALLY able to swing out consistently with this racket.

I was actually considering doing that. If i cant find a racket i like as much as the shark in terms of feel and weight, Im probably going to buy the shark and string it with good control strings. thanks for the advice.

BiGGieStuFF
04-05-2006, 10:28 PM
I was actually considering doing that. If i cant find a racket i like as much as the shark in terms of feel and weight, Im probably going to buy the shark and string it with good control strings. thanks for the advice.

Definitely try it. The shots feel crisp off the stringbed now and the trampoline effect is gone. It's not as comfortable with the softer strings but the muted feel isn't as exaggerated. Actually has some feel back in my shots now.

Mace
04-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Stay away from the 03 racquets. They are all too powerful. Get a Wilson Six Two with a 100 head or an nBlade. I hit the nBlade back to back with the 03 White and the nBlade was much better for an all around game. The White even with the HL balance seemed difficult to generate spin and keep it in. The only shot I liked with the White was the flat skidder. Other than that, the nBlade was noticeably better on all counts.