PDA

View Full Version : thinnest leather

moosryan
04-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Between the Babolat, Wilson and Volkls and Gamma which leather grip is the thinnest?

thanks,
moos.

PM_
04-01-2006, 07:56 PM
IMO the only way you're going to "thin" out leather grips is by stretching it out as much as you can while wrapping it, taking it off and doing it again. Water helps too.

kabob
04-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Wilson grips transmit a lot of feel (not to mention harshness) but are a bit thick. I used the Wilson replacement leather grips on my Pro Staff Tour 90s.

moosryan
04-10-2006, 06:49 AM
anyone else?

thomas martinez
04-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Out of those, the Volkl will probably be the thinnest

NoBadMojo
04-10-2006, 12:31 PM
I've found the Volkl to be the thickest by a good margin and also the heaviest in weight. The Gamma is the thinnest and lightest. The Babs and Wilson are in between and the closest match to the cushioned grips in general, not considering hardness. I've all of these grips on diff Volkl frames right now except for the Wilson

byealmeens
04-10-2006, 01:07 PM
I've found the Volkl to be the thickest by a good margin and also the heaviest in weight. The Gamma is the thinnest and lightest. The Babs and Wilson are in between and the closest match to the cushioned grips in general, not considering hardness. I've all of these grips on diff Volkl frames right now except for the Wilson
Agree. The Gamma is a bit thinner, but perhaps lower quality. The Volkl is definitely the thickest.

thomas martinez
04-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Really? From what I remember of the Gammas(I had early production stuff a while ago) it was thicker. Babolats used to be thicker, which is why I always pulled off their double sided tape, which thinned htem out to a normal leather thickness, which allowd it to compare to the Wilson,a nd the Volk,, which I had tried had no backing, and everyone I had on used frmaes, felt a nice thin feel to it.

bcaz
04-10-2006, 10:38 PM
I think the Wilson is the thinnest leather grip readily available on the market right now, at least compared with the Babolat and the Volkl.

moosryan
04-11-2006, 07:26 AM
how is it that everyone has an opinion on this and they're all different?

Jet Rink
01-25-2007, 08:52 PM
how is it that everyone has an opinion on this and they're all different?

We have a winner!

(Yes, I'm being a good boy and searching first - "thinnest leather grip." And thanks to everyone for completely contradicting each other!:p )

Jet

fujitsu77
01-27-2007, 07:53 PM
It actually doesn't matter which grip you get. They will all compress and thin as you use them.