PDA

View Full Version : Yonex RDX500

player
04-01-2006, 09:11 PM
I have a RDX500 mid size racket, and i want to buy one more, I just want to ask a simple question. RDX500 mid can generate more top spin? or RDX 500 mp. or which one you think is better? pls help.... many thks

ragnaROK
04-01-2006, 09:30 PM
it is generally easier to generate more topspin with rackets with larger head sizes.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
04-01-2006, 10:07 PM
yea...all in all, they BOTH generate good amount of topspin.

EliteNinja
04-02-2006, 01:55 AM
I've played with both and can honestly say that the Midplus version can put more spin on the ball.
But in my opinion the Mid is better because I get more control on it and it's a bit better on serves. Both are awesome, though.
It just depends what your game needs, I guess.

milo
04-02-2006, 07:07 AM
bigger headsize usually easier to spin.

samster
04-02-2006, 08:41 AM
All the above posts are correct in my humble opinion. Like EliteNinja, I own both and I agree that you can definitely put more topspin on serves and groundstrokes with the MP. That's not saying you cannot hit topspin with the Mid, just requires more effort. The Mid is more precise with the volley and better (in my opinion) for the backhand slice. The MP is easier to serve with, however.

yonex90
04-02-2006, 09:50 AM
The mid is great for top spin, and feel is better than the mp. I can't find the control with the mp. A lot of players psych themselves out and think that they need the larger head. The yonex 90 plays much like a 95 from other companies.

goosala
04-02-2006, 02:44 PM
I'll sell you two mid's for a song if you want.

Ripper
04-02-2006, 03:00 PM
It's wierd (and funny), but fans of the Yonex RDX500 Mid and MP raquets do not get along. Everytime you ask which of the two raquets is better in a given department or in general, you'll notice this... The answer to the original poster's question is so obvious (It's like asking "with which of two will it be easier to hit the ball with"), I'm not even going to bother, because I hate getting flamed at by insecure people, who need to, constantly, convince themselves that they did the right choice, even if it means misguiding inocent people.

Mugatu
04-02-2006, 04:10 PM
i own both.. MP gives a bit more spin but the both generate ample. i'd definitely stick with the mid. it just feels a LOT better and gives better control. plus the sweet spot is still quite large..

remeber you can always change your string/string gauge to tweak your spin potential...

nwidiyantoro
04-07-2006, 02:48 AM
I've played with both and can honestly say that the Midplus version can put more spin on the ball.
But in my opinion the Mid is better because I get more control on it and it's a bit better on serves. Both are awesome, though.
It just depends what your game needs, I guess.

Hi..Elite Ninja,

I just want ask..about RDX500, in TW it stated that RDX 500 was 332 gram however the information in throat of my racquet is 310 gram. Is it possible that information in TW is no accurate or RDX 500 were produce in different version (like Wilson there were asian and european version).

Thanks

tennisphotog
04-07-2006, 03:10 AM
Hey Goosala, e-mail me at klamarque@mindspring.com with the details of those mids.

EliteNinja
04-07-2006, 03:52 AM
Hi..Elite Ninja,

I just want ask..about RDX500, in TW it stated that RDX 500 was 332 gram however the information in throat of my racquet is 310 gram. Is it possible that information in TW is no accurate or RDX 500 were produce in different version (like Wilson there were asian and european version).

Thanks

Ah, I know why.
TW states the weight STRUNG while the print on the racquet refers only to the STOCK unstrung weight of the racquet. 22g for strings.

In real life, the MP is noticeably lighter than its Midsized counterpart.

What's peculiar is that the stated unstrung weight on the Mid is 320g while the strung weight on TW is 335g. ie 15g strings. If they are using the same string as a standard, the Mid uses 68% of the amount of string length used for the MP.

335g vs 332g is not noticeable, so I think TW is wrong, or the RDX 500 has low tolerances, or somebody put an overgrip on the MP.

meh, who knows.
who cares.
Just play.

jtreed2000
04-07-2006, 05:00 AM
As everyone said the mid is great for control and I would stick with it if you really like it. You wouldn't have the same control with the MP, however it does have more power and spin. I like them both, but they are pretty different.

Weights: (I weighed mine strung) mid 333-335, MP 321-323. Of course there will be deviations by a few grams based on quality control, grips, grip size, string type, and string tension, dampeners, etc.