PDA

View Full Version : O3 - good technology?

donnyz89
04-02-2006, 05:10 AM
I got to hit with the O3, have to admit, the dampened sound was just not my cup of tea. nice hits but the feel is so different, I dont think I can ever make the transition. how about you guys?

Volly master
04-02-2006, 05:21 AM
its ok.

my real wish is that everyone plays with wood again, see how the power players feel then :P

slice it
04-02-2006, 11:29 AM
The O3 i thought is not a players racquet

The whole "enlarged sweetspot" thing makes u hit the out so many times
I thought it was anoying

fishuuuuu
04-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Your poll doesn't make any sense in relevance to the topic title. O3 technology doesn't brand it's own 'feel' but a larger sweetspot.

On top of that you either said that it massively improves your game or it does nothing and is a bust. It would've been better as "The technology works, I like it, The technology works, but I don't like it, The technology doesn't work."

Something tells me Mace is one of those two ...

thinkhard
04-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Your poll doesn't make any sense in relevance to the topic title. O3 technology doesn't brand it's own 'feel' but a larger sweetspot.

On top of that you either said that it massively improves your game or it does nothing and is a bust. It would've been better as "The technology works, I like it, The technology works, but I don't like it, The technology doesn't work."

Something tells me Mace is one of those two ...

Have you ever demoed an O3 racquet? It definitely has a different feel than normal racquets, a very muted feel. The sweetspot is all over the racquet so the edges play almost the same as the middle. To say that it doesn't have its own feel and then say that it has a large sweetspot is impossible because no other racquets (at least that i have tried) have sweetspots that feel the same as the rest of the racquet.

fishuuuuu
04-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Yep ... for the last year or so.

donnyz89
04-02-2006, 05:37 PM
fish... its obvious the technology WORKS. its not like nCode or liquidmetal where there isnt a significant change in the feel. O3 is a completely different racquet than anything else out there. It feels 100% different than any racquets out there. It helps some people, some people dont care for it, some people dont like the feel but might appreciate the results and some people might think its a complete waste of 200$. I dont see anything wrong with the poll. its different from "I like it, I dont like it".