PDA

View Full Version : singles sticks.

chiru
04-02-2006, 01:06 PM
hey you guys, the courts around town where i do like 90% of my practicing dont' have singles sticks, and everytime i play real matches where they have them, my shots, (especially my serve cuz i'm short) feel off, adn less consistent. is there a place you can purchase these cheaply, if not can you think of another solution.

loubapache
04-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Just buy some 1 x 4 and cut to length.

chiru
04-02-2006, 01:19 PM
i dont really have access to enough hardware to cut wood, plus i'd have to create a base for it. anyone know exactly where the sticks are supposed to be placed, at the tennis centers i play at that have them, they have marks on the court to guide you

Jonnyf
04-02-2006, 01:43 PM
I've never played on singles courts. Every court ive ever played on has had doubles sticks

PBODY99
04-02-2006, 02:30 PM
The reason you use the sticks is to raise the height of the net to 3ft_6ins aaaaaaat the singles side line with the middle being 3ft. That said the location of the single stick needs to be out side of the singles court so that it raises the net to the proper level.

If you search around companies that supply court equipment will have them, or you can ask some wood or metal shop folks to make you a set.:cool:

loubapache
04-02-2006, 03:21 PM
i dont really have access to enough hardware to cut wood, plus i'd have to create a base for it. anyone know exactly where the sticks are supposed to be placed, at the tennis centers i play at that have them, they have marks on the court to guide you
All you need is a saw.

The single sticks are 42 inches long and the center of the stick should be 36" outside the (outside) single side lines.

theace21
04-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Homedepot will make the cuts for you if you ask. Then you just need to put a little notch in the top.

chiru
04-03-2006, 09:21 AM
thanks for all the help you guys, i appreciate it