PDA

View Full Version : Cracked POG....

POGforEver
04-02-2006, 02:16 PM
I went to practice some serves today because it was a nice day. It didn't go so good so whacked my ball hopper prettly lightly and one of my POGs cracked in the middle of the hoop. It didn't go all the way through mostly on the surface. Has anyone cracked a stick and still played with it. I'm not too worried about it because I have plenty. Thanks all

Davai
04-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Doesn't steel have higher density than graphite?

El Diablo
04-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Cracked "in the middle of the hoop"...isn't that where the string is? First you got angry at the way you served, then you got ****ed off that the racquet cracked. Time to get some help for yourself?

Jonnyf
04-02-2006, 02:33 PM
I didnt notice i cracked my 03 Tour for what must have been a few hours if not a whole hitting session. It did feel wierd

scotus
04-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Do not play with a cracked racquet. It could easily turn into the beginning of finger or elbow problems.

travlerajm
04-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Sometimes a crack is minor enough that it doesn't effect the stiffness, sometimes it is. If it still plays fine, then use it, but I find that sometimes a cracked racquet will feel deader and mushier, like a Flexpoint with the flex in the wrong place.

Ripper
04-02-2006, 03:08 PM
I went to practice some serves today because it was a nice day. It didn't go so good so whacked my ball hopper...

Anger Management Therapy.

POGforEver
04-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the infor on playing with a cracked racquet, will be putting this one aside now...I admit it was a pretty stupid thing to do and from now on no more throwing or hitting my POGs on anything.