PDA

View Full Version : Weight Addition

Aiyaconcho
04-02-2006, 03:24 PM
I've been demoing the Babolat aerpro drive and it seems well suited for me, but the racquet seems a tad bit too light. Is there a place you can refer me to that can add weight to a racquet?

Saito
04-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Really it depends on what you want to achieve by adding weight? What are your aims? Try the link below. Read it and it should tell you where to add weight depending on how you want to change the way the racquet hits.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/Customizing/customize.html

Aiyaconcho
04-02-2006, 06:06 PM
thx... I just want to add overall weight to the racquet, im more comfortable with heavier racquets. My instructor told me that on his racquet, weight was added to the handle area via silicon, he did it back in chile though. Getting all of those equipment seems like a lot of hassle and not so money efficent. Know of any other methods?

Court_Jester
04-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Silicon? Maybe he meant "silicone" like what they use in caulking compounds. He probably used it to glue on a weight on the buttcap.

Why don't you just remove the grip, put enough strips of lead tapes (according to your weight requirement) on the pallet and then put the grip back on, like the one listed on the posted website?

JediMindTrick
04-02-2006, 07:34 PM
If you just want to increase the weight and not mess with the swingweight you should put the weight in the handle (like your instructor says). The easiest way is to replace the grip with a leather grip.