PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious.....

martymule
04-02-2006, 04:47 PM
I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this......

I am in the process of selecting new racquets and I am currently in the demo process. I recently hit with a Prince Shark, and I really liked it. Here's the problem - I can't get past the cosmetic look (colors and graphics) or the actual name "Shark". I think the paint job is just plain ugly and I could never imagine playing with a racquet called "Shark". I loved the way it hit, but I'm a fairly conservative guy and I prefer the "no frills" basic look to my racquets. The racquet is just too "loud" for me.

Has anyone else gone through something similiar or am I just too picky and weird? Have you ever not purchased a racquet simply because of it's graphics or name?

Fuzzless
04-02-2006, 05:35 PM
yes, i've chosen a prokennex over a wilson because of my desire to be different, which wasn't necessarily wise and i'm not advising you to do the same. you could just paint your racquet all black or all white or something (search for instructions on how to do so), and as for the name, i wouldn't be worried as long as it's not called the prince "More Estrogen" or something

mralexchang
04-02-2006, 08:52 PM
I know what your talking about when you say the racket is too LOUD =p. But you could always paint over it. Personally if the racket makes you play better then you should go with it. If people make fun of you or comment about your racket you can just ace them and say "what now?". But then again there is the connection you have to make with the racket in order to play good with it. The choice is really up to you but i would recommend going for the racket that you play better with regardless of the looks.

You could always just wear a tydye shirt and it will make the racket look plain =).

anirut
04-02-2006, 11:32 PM
One thing, I really don't look at the racket while in play. I look at the ball. The only time in play when I glance at the racket is during serves. Hope the 'Shark' won't be the result of double faults when you serve ... :)

I don't really care what the racket I play looks like or called. I'm more interested in how it can help my game. And I play in my pyjamas and tennis shoes, really.

My 0.02.

kreative
04-02-2006, 11:47 PM
ugly graphic racquets are what have deterred me from some frames in the past, such as the original Wilson Surge. i'm surprised you even tried the racquet if you didn't like the way it looked. You could paint over the racquet, or find something similar w/ graphics with better appeal to you. the last method is just to get over it and play with it. Prince O3 White is calling your name.

Onion
04-03-2006, 12:22 AM
Nothing a little sandpaper can't fix.

bluegrasser
04-03-2006, 05:21 AM
Yea, I confess, the N5 OS Wilson was just too big and too loud, but loved the way it hit.