PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop MW 200G User seeks new stick!

DrewRafter8
04-02-2006, 07:22 PM
My new year's resolution this year was to get back into tennis, which I'm glad to say that I've done. The problem I'm having is that my 200G's are starting to really get some age on them. I've tried some of the new technology and this is what I've found. Slaz X1 is too stiff, didn't like the feel of the Yonex MP Tour 1, Dunlop HM 200G, or the new Wilson 6 series etc. I'm currently playing with a Volkl C10 Pro that I'm very fond of. I really like the feel but I find myself still lusting for the Dunlop's serve and I can't get the topspin out of it like I can the 200G. I'm very anal about my racquet and have found that I like swingweight 320 or under and a flex rating of 60 or so under. That being said I've compiled a list of racquets that I cannot playtest im my area and am looking for some input.

-Fischer M Speed 95 (Hit with a #1 few years back and liked the feel.)
-Fischer Pro Extreme FT
-Volkl Tour 10 MP Gen II

Thanks for any help!!

louis netman
04-02-2006, 11:28 PM
If you're fond of the bloody C10, why seek another? It's a great stick, destined to be a classic...

KFwinds
04-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Hmmm... the Fischers are great sticks, but they won't feel quite as soft as the MW200g; the Pro 1 and M-Speed are good choices, though. I used the HM200g for a while, and with the right string it feels great. Still more crisp, and swings lighter than the MW. You might also add the Head LM Prestige MP to your list of demos. This one is actually pretty darn close to the MW200g in terms of weight, balance, and feel, although it flexes a little differently than the Dunlop.

basil J
04-03-2006, 05:42 AM
Drew, I was also a longtime user of the 200gMW and found the ncode 6.1 18 x 20 to be a very good replacement. I also went through bunches of demos and some purchases, and on a whim tried the ncode 18 x 20 and found it to be a little stiffer than the MW, but a great serving stick and excellent spin and control on groundstrokes. There is nothing out there That I could find that played like the 200GMW, but this frame has been a good substitute. FYI, the 18 x 20 Ncode 6.1 plays much differently than 16 x 18. Less power, better touch, more control and 12pt.s hd light vs 9 pts. headlight. Hope this helps.