PDA

View Full Version : Fixing paintchips

Joker_of_tennis
04-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Hi, i'm a person who doesn't like to make scratches on my racquet (who doesn't), and i try very much to avoid it. Unfortunately i made some large paint chips and was wondering if there is any way to cover them up. I do modelling and usually fix up stuff like this with putty. Sand it. Then spray with overcoat or apply paint directly. B4 i attempt i would like to know if anyone has attempted this.(B4 i wreck my own racquet).if so would anyone know the black paint colour that wilson uses?

Davai
04-02-2006, 08:53 PM
You do realize that you will have to do this a lot of times, right. It can and probably will become tedious.

Joker_of_tennis
04-02-2006, 09:04 PM
just the major ones...they really stand out. Been playing with it for a couple of months...only have 2 major ones.

diredesire
04-02-2006, 10:48 PM
just the major ones...they really stand out. Been playing with it for a couple of months...only have 2 major ones.

You could do this, but good luck getting a matching color. If you have the option, i'd look around at cars, and find a car color that matches almost exactly, and then google a touch up paint for that car model and paint color.

IMO, though, it's not really worth the effort ;)

tpduke112
04-02-2006, 11:36 PM
It is a racquet. They are supposed to be there. Think of them as battle wounds.

Bartelby
04-03-2006, 12:13 AM
If you want lots of chips and lots of work then buy an O3 tour.

theartoftennis
04-03-2006, 06:29 AM
Random scratches everywhere!