PDA

View Full Version : M-Fil 300 to Babolat Pure Drive

zorg
04-02-2006, 08:03 PM
I am wondering if the Pure Drive is a good change for me from my M-Fil 300. I have an all court game, with a 1hbh. I use slice like half the time, and topspin the other on my bh. I employ medium to a lot of spin in my game. Would the Pure Drive be a good choice here from the M-Fil 300? Would the AeroPro Drive be a better choice?

KFwinds
04-02-2006, 10:55 PM
I have owned all three that you mentioned (still have my APD), and I am currently using the M-Fil 300. The Babolats are fun to hit with because you get easy power, but don't even come close to the Dunlop in terms of feel and control. I ultimately chose this over the small amount of extra power I got with my APD. If you do try one of the Babolats, go with the AeroPro Drive; I found it to be superior to the Pure Drive in all respects. (Std. length models)

AndrewD
04-03-2006, 03:19 AM
Id have thought the Pure Storm was a better choice than the PD. Weight, balance and flex are relatively similar to the MFil-300 although I did find it a bit more comfortable.

EsteroTennis
04-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Yes, I agree.....I think the Pure Storm would be a better choice as its more of a "control" racquet and is quite similar to the Mfil-300.

tpduke112
04-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Yes, I agree.....I think the Pure Storm would be a better choice as its more of a "control" racquet and is quite similar to the Mfil-300.
I demoed both at the same time and also found them to hit very very similar. This wasnt a good thing for me though, I hated both of them. They were both powerless.

rj_md
04-18-2006, 07:28 PM
i have both the PD and APD. i find more control and topspin on the APD, though it feels a bit heavier than the PD. it boils down to what you feel is best for you. try demoing all three..:)