PDA

View Full Version : Head Ti s2 Replacement please!

johndagolfer
04-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Hi,

I've been out of the sport for many years now due to, now controlled, gout.
Before I was forced into quitting the game I was really starting to like the Ti S2. I was a 4.0(would be a 4.5, but just couldn't handle super fast servers)
At first I didn't like it because it was too light and too head heavy. But I added almost a full package of lead tape to the handle(which balanced out the head heaviness to what I think was neutral or very slightly head light) What I am looking for is something similar to this.

What I liked about the ti s2 was that it helped me, a little with a little extra pop, it was very easy to put heavy top on both sides(due to it's 16x19 string pattern I think.

So I am looking for a 11-11.5 oz racquet, 16x19, not too head heavy, that is probably a player's to player's tweener(that little extra power added)

Thanks,

John

diredesire
04-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Hi,

Before I was forced into quitting the game I was really starting to like the Ti S2. I was a 4.0(would be a 4.5, but just couldn't handle super fast servers)
At first I didn't like it because it was too light and too head heavy. But I added almost a full package of lead tape to the handle(which balanced out the head heaviness to what I think was neutral or very slightly head light) What I am looking for is something similar to this.

What I liked about the ti s2 was that it helped me, a little with a little extra pop, it was very easy to put heavy top on both sides(due to it's 16x19 string pattern I think.

So I am looking for a 11-11.5 oz racquet, 16x19, not too head heavy, that is probably a player's to player's tweener(that little extra power added)

Thanks,

John

FYI the Ti.S2 had/has an 18x20? (18 mains for sure) string pattern.

(Unless i'm totally off, i've strung a few of those in the past few days, but won't say i'm positive).

If i were you, i'd check out the TW racquetfinder at http://racquetfinder.com

Put in your specs and then ask specific questions about racquets you find as a result...

johndagolfer
04-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks, I'll check the site out. The s2 is 16x19. The 2 racquets that I am interested in at the moment are the nSix-two and the head flexpoint Radical Team

Midlife crisis
04-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Hi,

Thanks,

John

My son plays with the TiS5CZ with Dunlop Max Comfort (multifilament) strings strung at 60 lbs., and when I had a Hybrid Hornet to play with, that was the racquet he preferred the most. His TiS5CZ is weighted up to just over 10 ounces, and the Hybrid Hornet is something like 10.7, so it's a move in the right direction. With a little bit of lead, you can get it into the 11+ ounce range and 6-8 points HL.

I don't know if the S2 and S5CZ play the same, but the Hybrid Hornet has a softer response that's similar to the S5CZ.

Steve Huff
04-03-2006, 07:43 PM
I'd bet that if you like the tiS2, you 'll like the LM 4 (maybe a Flexpoint 4 out there now).

diredesire
04-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Thanks, I'll check the site out. The s2 is 16x19. The 2 racquets that I am interested in at the moment are the nSix-two and the head flexpoint Radical Team

I checked out my friend's Ti.S2 this evening and it was an 18x19 string pattern, just thought you might want to take this into consideration?

(Just in case this screws up your desired racquet specs)...

Perhaps there were different versions and/or headsizes?

Shinichi
04-05-2006, 06:27 PM
i used Ti S2 .... I think you should like Babolat Pure Drive , or LM 4.

jck01
05-14-2006, 05:05 AM
I'd bet that if you like the tiS2, you 'll like the LM 4 (maybe a Flexpoint 4 out there now).
I agree with Steve. A friend of mine used to use it and really liked it. He recently moved up to a Head Flexpoint 6. That might be another good bet, but it's like 2x or 2.5x more expensive than the LM4. My friend's rating is about 4-4.5.

guitarplayer
04-29-2007, 06:12 PM
I play the S2, it's 18X19, tight string pattern.

gn8
04-29-2007, 07:00 PM
When I read what you wanted, the Tecnifibre T Flash 310 came to mind.
It's available in 16x19 or 18x20 as well.
It's a nice heavy tweener with a 100" head.
Nice spin and power, but also has a little heft.
Give it a demo, you might be pleasantly surprised.

itsstephenyo
04-29-2007, 07:58 PM
I used a Ti. S2 and bought a Liquidmetal Instinct. 11.2 ounces, 4 pts head light, although its also an 18x19 string pattern and I love it. You could try the Liquidmetal Instinct Tour XL. 27.5 inches (I think), 11.4 oz, 16x19 string pattern.