PDA

View Full Version : Tourna Grips no tac

peternk
04-03-2006, 10:13 AM
I have tried tourna grips twice and each time ive played with them ive had to tear them off after hitting 3 or 4 balls. they have no grip at all and tend to give me blisters. I have know idea why everyone loves them so much. Any one else have this happen to them?

slice bh compliment
04-03-2006, 10:22 AM
I do not think Tourna grip was ever designed to be tacky. I think it is meant to have a dry feel for sweaty conditions.

Then it wears out after a match or two. Some say, after a set or two.
Then you put on a new one.

Then the 1990's end, and you discover that there is actually better stuff on the market by Babolat, Wilson, Volkl, Prince and Yonex (among others).

So you switch to a tacky grip...or one that gives you a little dryness AND a little tack. You get used to the different feel. You actually like it more than the TournaGrips you used half your life. You appreciate the improved durability. You start buying it in bulk.

LowProfile
04-04-2006, 05:04 PM
This would be the life story of many. In fact, I like tornagrip, but only for about a day or two. Then it loses all feel and tack. I can understand why many professionals use it, as it does feel very nice for about the first day, and they can just replace it after each match. Most of us cannot afford that and prefer grips that last at least a week.

Enter the tacky synthetic overgrips of Wilson, Yonex, and others. Problem solved.

oscar_2424
04-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Give yonex supergrap a try

imadeulook
04-04-2006, 07:49 PM
tournagrip is double sided so u can use it twice:mrgreen:

Puffdaddy
04-06-2006, 04:42 AM
I have tried other grips, but there is something about Tournagrip that makes me the most comfortable. As a matter of fact, when I demo a racket, I absolutely MUST put a torunagrip on to be able to evaluate the racket properly. I don't if its superstition or something else, but I will likely never switch, because its what I'm the most comfortable with.