PDA

View Full Version : Radical (LM or FP) OS vs POG OS

Ripper
04-03-2006, 11:35 AM
I need a standard length player's OS (107 sq. inch head) raquet in my bag and I'm trying to decide between these two. At 1st sight, it seems like the Rad is more control oriented, because of it's denser string pattern. Also, at 1st sight, it seems like the Rad is more comfortable, because of it's lower flex rating (58 against 63). HOWEVER, from what I've read here (that's a lot, specially regarding the POG!), this is not how it translates into "real life". It seems like the POG OS is superior to the Rad in every department, except in power (the Rad has more of it).

Edit 1: In my book, more power isn't an advantage.

Edit 2: Which one should I get and why?

Ripper
04-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Give me a "B", give me an "U", give me an "M", give me a "P"...

Zeph
04-03-2006, 04:11 PM
the LM radical 98 is a godsend racquet. Never tried the OS but the midplus is awesome, i would not choose the POG.

TheSneakerologist
04-03-2006, 04:13 PM
POG is one of the most classic players rackets ever made. It is over 20 years old and people still are using it till this day. The LM Radical is nothing more than a high powered tweener. The POG is a players racket for a serious player.

tennis_nerd22
04-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Give me a "B", give me an "U", give me an "M", give me a "P"...

yes sir

B

U

M

P

(sry, just felt like it :cool: )

Zeph
04-03-2006, 07:11 PM
POG is one of the most classic players rackets ever made. It is over 20 years old and people still are using it till this day. The LM Radical is nothing more than a high powered tweener. The POG is a players racket for a serious player.

I would completely disagree, the POG is extremely low powered, and for half the players out there, the power and winners they can hit with the POG will double with the Radical, the POG may be fun to use as is the PS 6.0 85, but i highly doubt that everyone performs best with super low powered graphite racquets.

*for those deticated POG users, there was a hint of exaggeration and sarcasm*

kenshireen
04-04-2006, 06:01 AM
I hope I don't get one.. but what is it?

thanks, Ken

Ripper
04-04-2006, 06:16 AM
I hope I don't get one.. but what is it?

thanks, Ken

Bump is used to refer to what you get when you're playing doubles and get your head in the way of your partner's swing...

Bump is, also, used to... bump up a thread, when it's not getting enough replies and is getting lost down in the list.

:)

Midlife crisis
04-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Ripper, I don't have experience with any of the other racquets you mentioned but I do have a 20+ year old POG OS. It's currently strung with Gamma Revelation at 62 lbs. It weighs 373 grams and is something like 8 or 9 points HL.

I hit with this racquet at about the same time that I was demo'ing the nPro Open, Hybrid Hornet, and Pure Drive Team. The POG easily was as powerful as any of these racquets on full strokes, and due to the weight was better on blocking balls back as well. I don't know what the current POGs weigh or how much they differ from this racquet, but this is still one good hitting stick.

Rasta
04-04-2006, 08:42 AM
I played with the POG OS for three years in USTA league play. I eventually changed because I couldn't serve well with it, and in doubles if you don't serve well you can get your partner nailed at the net!

But, it has one of the most consistent, predictable string beds around. Just point and swing and the ball goes exactly where you want. Easy to apply topspin or slice. The POG OS is great for groundstrokes but just wasn't that great for my service game.

TheSneakerologist
04-09-2006, 10:12 PM
I would completely disagree, the POG is extremely low powered, and for half the players out there, the power and winners they can hit with the POG will double with the Radical, the POG may be fun to use as is the PS 6.0 85, but i highly doubt that everyone performs best with super low powered graphite racquets.

*for those deticated POG users, there was a hint of exaggeration and sarcasm*

You my sir are a complete ******...