PDA

View Full Version : Info & Specs on Volkl C7 (black/yellow version)

louis netman
04-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Anyone know the material composition, flex rating, string pattern, etc of the C7 Pro, black/yellow version? What are the upper hoop characteristics as compared to C10 Pro?

Thanx very much!

jdelcue
07-30-2007, 04:03 PM
I'd be interested in knowing the same...

Chauvalito
07-30-2007, 04:11 PM
I have both the red and black versions of the racket.

The black version has a slightly thicker beam and a flex in the low 60's.

I have the overgrip removed, and an wilson pro overgrip on the handle, I would say that it weighs in at just over 11.5 ounces.

The thicker beam takes care of some of the flex issus the c10 has in the upper hoop.

And as you probably know, it is an 18x20 racket. The new becker 11 has very similiar specs. In fact I feel like the becker 11 is a reseurrectionof the red c7 which has a 20mm beam just like the Becker stick.

jdelcue
07-30-2007, 04:47 PM
[DELETED]

Just made a seperate post with my question...

NoBadMojo
07-30-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm in the process of maybe picking up a couple used Volkl C7's now...
I was wondering...I don't pretend to know too much about racquets...

Is it possible that frames just get so old that they become 'fragile'? And would I have reason to worry about that with a pair of Volkl C7s?

For instance, is there a threat of damage to the frame if strung at some of the higher tensions? Or is it more fragile to, say, an accidental drop on the court or something of that nature? And what about to temperature changes? Or in humid conditions? Is there anything at all to be worried about when you're purchasing a racquet of this age vs. a newer racquet (assuming everything goes thru on the level with the transaction and it all looks good -- just taking the racquet characteristics themselves into consideration)...?

Just wondering if my investment would be money well spent.
I wouldn't want to have to replace these in less than a year...

I would say that if the c7's have been restrung a lot they would def be pretty fatigued and not very playable. The ones made after the change to Pure Fibre likely are holding up better.

I would get about 2 years out of c frames rotating 4-6 frames. after that, they were pretty shot

The c8 had 18mains...i dont remember about the c7. Both the precise and fusion beams were awesome feeling frames. The Becker11 has a much different beam shape..it;s less rounded..more boxy on 2 sides..entirely diff frame..it also doesnt have those odd little bumps at the top of the hoop like the c series..neither did the tour series

max
07-30-2007, 05:01 PM
NoBadMojo's right: I rotate stringing through four C-9s. One got lousy and I had to strip and pitch it; another's getting ready for the round-can retirement. The amount of stringing they've had really tells.

But the only things that'll last forever are cockroaches and Keith Richards.

07-31-2007, 07:04 AM
C7 Pro = 98 sq in, 18x20, 7 points HL strung, 11.8 ounces strung, RA 62, SW 325, graphite + HM graphite, precise frame, 21mm constant beam

Much more stable and less 'noodle-y' than a C10 Pro. Awesome spin for an 18x20.

FYI: I am selling one in the Classfieds

Chauvalito
07-31-2007, 07:11 AM
I forgot one thing:

The older red C7 frames were "Fusion" frames in that they combined the frame style of the classic series rackets with the power style frames volkl was making at the time.

The black and yellow C7 has a precise frame, basically the same as that found on the C10, but with a slightly thicker beam.

jdelcue
07-31-2007, 01:06 PM
So you're saying...
I shouldn't throw money away on these things?

For $150, I'd want them to last....