PDA

View Full Version : POG MP vs. Wilson nSix-One Tour 90

Bent
04-03-2006, 03:05 PM
I own and sometimes play with a POG MP. Usually I have serving problems, but not tonight.....

I am interested in the the Wilson. And is a carachter that is motivated by "a new racket".

Besides the specs.

Has anybody tried both ? How do they compare ??

The Ripper
04-03-2006, 08:28 PM
I own and have played quite a bit with both rackets. They are really quite different IMO. POG is much more user-friendly: 93" hoop vs. 90" makes a big difference. POG is lighter and quicker, but by the same token won't generate as "heavy" a ball as the nCode Tour 90. The Tour 90 is a pretty heavy racket and because of the small headsize requires very good technique to consistently hit the sweet spot. It weighs in at about 12.4 oz. (about 350 gm) so takes some muscle if you're not used to a heavy racket. I think it depends on your style of play. If you are a baseliner who occasionally comes to the net, the POG would be fine. The Tour 90 is more for all-court with serve and volley - think POG Agassi, Tour 90 Federer. Two different styles of play. Either racket will do most things very well. The Tour 90 creates lots of action on the ball and wicked angles. The POG does everything well and is very easy on the arm, a great all-around racket. Certainly you should demo the Tour 90 back-to-back with the POG to really get an idea of the differences.

Good luck!:D

KOtennis
04-04-2006, 12:54 AM
I agree with Ripper.
POG is much easier to use.
the Ncode is a very nice racquet, i used it and it made me tired after the first set. perhaps i should work out more. BUT all in all, i much prefer the POG.