PDA

View Full Version : Two Fister Pure Storm and DNX 8

A_Instead
04-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Can you compare the Pure Storm to the DNX 8.
Power, Control, Feel, stability, etc. Any comments are appreciated.

counterpuncher
04-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Can you compare the Pure Storm to the DNX 8.
Power, Control, Feel, stability, etc. Any comments are appreciated.
I'll take a quick stab as I demoed a DNX 8 and have a Storm as an extended demo - albeit tail weighted with a heat shrink sleeve.

Let me say up front, that I thought that these two sticks played very similarly and IMO you can't go wrong with either.

Power - DNX 8, with the difference being more notable on serves than groundstrokes.

Control - Storm, most likely because of the tighter string pattern

Feel - Storm was softer (not too muted) with DNX 8 more a crisper but not harsh feel

Stability - slight edge to Storm, probably more so because mine was weighted with a heat shrink sleeve that adds around 10 grams (which I actually prefer).

Spin - DNX 8 on topspin and maybe slight edge to Storm for slice, but for a tight pattern the Storm was suprisingly topspin friendly.

Net - hard for me to decide as I am not a natural volleyer by any stretch of the imagination, but I would say the DNX 8, as it is more maneuvarable and has more touch while the Storm was more solid, muted and stable.

Two Fister
04-03-2006, 07:18 PM
My take on the DNX8 was that it felt very light and not as stable as the Purestorm. The Purestorm swings surprisingly heavy for it's specs. The purestorm had more "feel" to me. It feels pretty solid on impact whereas the dnx8 felt like it could be pushed around more by the ball. I get a more consistent ball from the purestorm. It's easy to generate spin with the Purestorm as it was with the DNX 8. The dnx 8 made it easy (maybe too easy for me) to whip the head around (thus generate spin). If you like lightweight racquets, you might like the dnx 8.

Overall, I'd say the major difference for me between these two frames is that the Purestorm feels significantly more solid. I might have gotten an extra light sample of the dnx8 though. When I weighed the racquet it was significantly lighter than spec and than what others reported theirs weighed. I don't recall the exact figures now.

The purestrom seems to be easier on my touchy elbow than the puredrive or aeroprodrive. Can't comment on the dnx8 in this area because I didn't like the feel of it enough to play for an extended time with it.

Hard for me to compare power, but stability and control have to go to the purestorm. I tended to hit surprisingly long with the DNX8. So did my daughter. Maybe I could have adjusted my stroke or grip to compensate for this, but I don't seem to have to make anywhere near as much adjustment for any of the other racquets I've been trying (DNX 10, apd, pd, purestorm, nsix-one 95, yonex 003, 001, Fischer MPro, etc.).

Feel for me also goes to the purestorm (dnx 8 felt a bit tinny to me relative to the purestorm).

I suggest you demo both of these racquets. Unlike CounterPuncher, I felt these racquets were not very similar.

A_Instead
04-04-2006, 09:15 AM
thank you both. I value your opinions and viewpoints.