PDA

View Full Version : Stringing Recommendation for Fischer Pro Classic 98

dennis1188
06-23-2004, 03:15 PM
Could AAAA or any fischer owners recommend a string and tension for the fischer pro classic 98 (red,silver,black). I've owned this racket for some time but hv played very little w/ it. I currently hv a few string sets in my gear box but not sure if these r good w/ the fischer ( head rip 16g, wilson sensation 16g, gamma syn gut 18g, ashaway crossfire monogut 16L). BTW my regular racket is a ps 6.1 strung w/ prin. syn 16g @ 70lbs. Thanks for yr recommendations.

AAAA
02-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Dennis, Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Your string choice will obviously depend of your ability level, power and what type of 'feel' you like. The strings I like in my Fischers are specific to my own preferences/ability. Currently I use Technifibre Promix or Duramix, depending on availability, at 58lbs. The setup gives me 'feel' and better durability and tension holding than a polyurethane based multiment/hybrid like Techifibre Tournament and Competition. Babolat X-Cel has a similar composition and structure to the above strings but imo doesn't play as well or 'feel' so good.