PDA

View Full Version : POG 93" stats, fellow users feel free to chip in

montoo
04-04-2006, 12:24 AM
I have been using a POG midsize (93") for a few months now. I have two such frames. Each has a different paint scheme. Flanking the throat, the heavier of the two carries the "straight shaft" logo opposite the prince logo. The lighter stick, my favorite, bears a "tour" logo instead of "straight shaft".

Now I am not sure this has anything to do with actual manufacturing lines. Since my sample size is limited to two, I am seeking input from fellow owners. I have obtained stats for my fav. stick, the "tour" variant. It weighs in at 324g, and its balance lies 12" from the bottom. Meaning it is 12 pts. headlight? The stick not only weighs less than the advertised weight (330g), but it is also extra headlight.

In any case I would like other users to chip in with their frame's specs. That is for those in the know, or those who can find out easily enough. My goal is to purchase frames that match my tour's specs. I guess I would like to find out if my frame is an anomaly or if in fact the "tour" series is balanced as such. I have found these lighter specs. to be both suitable and quite comfortable. It just feels right. For reference, the "straight shaft" frame weighs in at 343g. So there is an appreciable difference.

BTW, these weights/balances are for stock. unstrung frames, without overgrips.