PDA

View Full Version : Are there different grip "LENGTHS"???

sebastiange
04-04-2006, 07:26 AM
The stupid question of the day. Are there different lengths when it comes to grips?
I donīt mean grip size of course...

Im asking because i am thinking of buying a Yonex, the rdx500 MP or the new yellow piece, or a FIscher Pro Number One and just by the pictures they seem to have "longer" grips.

Again, seems to me like a stupid question. But i will apreciate your comments on it. Thank you.....

Midlife crisis
04-04-2006, 08:29 AM
The stupid question of the day. Are there different lengths when it comes to grips?
I donīt mean grip size of course...

Im asking because i am thinking of buying a Yonex, the rdx500 MP or the new yellow piece, or a FIscher Pro Number One and just by the pictures they seem to have "longer" grips.

Again, seems to me like a stupid question. But i will apreciate your comments on it. Thank you.....

Different manufacturers will use different length grips, and there may be differences between models, but outside of custom racquets I've never heard of a model offering different length grips.

That being said, many modern racquets have pallets that are smoothly integrated into the racquet, and so it is really up to you to determine how long you want your grip to be. You can wrap it as short or as long as you'd like. I personally prefer a short grip so I usually only wrap about six inches, whereas I'll wrap about nine to ten inches for my son who uses a two handed backhand.

sebastiange
04-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Well, i agree with you. I have a 1hbh and i like the grip to be short or standard. But you might remember Donnay´s "Borg PRO" 80´s raquet that came with a longer grip obviously due to Borg´s 2hbh.

If anyone has got any of these raquets (the Yonex or the Fischer) and like to contribute by measuring the grip lenght, i´ll appreciate that a lot.

sebastiange
04-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Anyone????

Thanks either.......

Squid
04-04-2006, 07:05 PM
i know princes are longer

tennisnj
04-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Yes, I've got 3 Volkl Quantum V1 OS racquets sitting right here & the 1/8th & 1/4th grips are the same, but they are shorter than the 1/2 grip I have. No ruler handy, but visibly different in length.

kreative
04-05-2006, 11:27 PM
i know princes are longer

actually, some of the standard length prince's i've hit with seem to have shorter handles and longer throats. same with a few of the pk's.