PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME! Babolat Custom Dampeners!

ehs3190
04-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Just received the racquet I ordered from Tennis Warehouse today. With it, I ordered the Babolat Custom Shock Dampeners. I've never used custom dampeners like these, let alone any dampeners. Please help me install/put on these things and what exactly they are. I have a red one that is simply circular. And I also have a black one with a round plastic-like insert with a bunch of metal balls in it.

SOMEONE EXPLAIN/HELP!

peternk
04-04-2006, 12:50 PM
ok well the custom damp goes in the middle under ur bottom cross string. it goes inbetween the two verticles. Then u insert the insert if it sounds to pingy for ur liking.

Jess
04-04-2006, 11:24 PM
To expand on peternk's reply...

1) Locate the two most middle vertical strings on your racket.

2) Insert (on the more stubborn damps, you kinda have to "force" it in, but don't worry, some elbow grease is necessary to install damps sometimes). Make sure the edges of the damp are inserted properly so that the strings should be between the two layers of rubber on it.

And that's it. =)

Also, for the Babolat Custom Damp, the clear insert with the metal balls inside is basically just an add-on feature that you may choose to use or leave off. If you want an even more dampened feel, insert it into the middle of either the red or yellow/black one. (They're interchangable).

FuZz_Da_AcE
04-05-2006, 01:15 AM
How do these damps compare with the Sampras O's?