PDA

View Full Version : Prince Hybrid Hornet, Hybrid Shark, O-Tour

walkman
04-04-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm a 4.0+ all court player who plays more doubles than singles. Western grip forehand with a lot of topspin, two-handed backhand & 1 handed backhand slice.

Both hybrids easily generate lots of spin. The tour is heavier and hits a flatter shot.

The Shark has the most power, the Hornet slightly less, and the Tour a lot less. The Shark had a tendency to hit long for me unless I tried to keep it in.

The Hornet is incredibly quick at the net, partly because of the weight and balance, but I also think the O-ports really do reduce the wind drag on a quick stroke. This made the racquet feel great on poaches and quick overheads.

The two hybrids have a bit of a trampoline feel to the shot, but I believe this is mainly the strings moving and not really the racquet. The shots seem to go where aimed in a predictable manner as long as spin is put on the ball.

I had a hard time hitting a powerful shot with the hybrids, but I believe this is mainly because I hadn't figured out the timing of the racquets yet. The O-tour was easy to hit with a full hard swing, but seemed unpredictable unless I was taking a full swing.

The O-tour is significantly heavier and slower to swing, which feels good from the baseline, but comparitively sluggish at the net. If I wasn't playing a lot of
doubles (or getting older) I'd probably lean towards the O-tour.

Both the Shark and Hornet feel like they add extra speed and spin to my serve. The O-tour feels like my old racquet and has no extra pop.

wilsonyonex
05-25-2006, 02:56 AM
hi! the hybrids u use are midplus sizes ? hows the hornet hybrid's stability in receiving heavy balls n volleying hard passing shots? does it shake really badly? tks in advance for the info !

wilsonyonex
05-25-2006, 02:59 AM
repeated posting

bismark
05-25-2006, 03:33 AM
Thanks for the review.

CliffH
06-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the review, how does the hornet stand up to hard hit balls. Mixed dubs can be brutal on the gal, as I am asking for the wife, not to mention that she takes a harder swing at everything than I do.