PDA

View Full Version : is ncode ntour a good choice for me

njboy
04-04-2006, 02:59 PM
i want to buy a new racquet. is ncode ntour a good choice? i guess i am a 3.0 recreation player and in mid 30s.

want to have some control. my strokes are very easy to land long.

thanks.

KoolMonk
04-04-2006, 04:07 PM
I can only shared with you on my experince playing with ntour 95. If you have not played with a 95 head size before, you need to have patience. Smaller head size means you have smaller sweet spot. However, with patience, coupled with getting your stroke down and proper foot work - you will enjoy the power and control of this racquet.
I would recommend you stringing the racquet to between 54 to 57 lbs - and you may feel the vibration when you hit the ball ( due to the small head size and thigh string pattern). The vibration can be remedied by applying a shock damper; I used - Gamma Vibration Dampener. I am an aggressive player so I tend to hit a lot of approach shots and volley - the 95 is easy to maneuver and crisp. The racquet is also .25 inch longer than the standard racquet out there - it may not seem much but it does make a difference when you hitting the ball (which requires some adjustment). The pay back is the extra muscle it will give u on to your serve.
I would advise you to try the demo program first before investing $$$ on this racquet. I have read others who did not like this racquet while those who knows how to play a 95 head enough this racquet.
All I know is that I put in alot of focus and practice on my game, and it has moved me up to 3.5 or 4.0 level. Hope this help!
Koolmonk!

ps... another racquet I would recommend is Dunlop MFIL 300 (98 head size).