PDA

View Full Version : Regrets.

Zeph
04-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Bah, i recently demoed the Ncode n6.1 95 and thought it felt great, i thought it beat my LM radical MP by a good margin. After buying two, i've come to decide that i enjoy using the LM much more. Dont know why but i know that i regret getting those two wilsons and now im basically stuck barely used racquets...

anyone else done bought a racquet which they quickly regret buying?

Return_Ace
04-04-2006, 03:30 PM
well, not me but 1 or 2 years back, my friend bought a TT Rebel as his first "proper" racket, moving up from a force 3, he had enough skill to use it, but a week after he bought it for teh full price, it went on sale, and then a few months later he stopped playing tennis altogether.... so maybe he regrets buying that.

pro_staff
04-04-2006, 03:36 PM
i demoed rackets for more than 5 months before buying my racket so i'm pretty sure i got what i wanted.

Zeph
04-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Demoing racquets usually is priced by day or week, after 5 months of demoing? Wouldnt that amount to about the price of a racquet or close?

Tezuka Kunimitsu
04-04-2006, 06:20 PM
At my local store, their demo programs are really well constructed. May 10 dollars for a racquet for 5 days, but if not returned in 10 days, they then charge it to your credit card. When you buy a racquet from them, they deduct all demo charges to that rackets.
For example I have 100 dollars worth of demo, so when I buy a racquet they deduct the 100 dollars I spent through the weeks. They also are pro strings and get it done in a day or 30 minutes with no charge for stringing. And they also put the symbol on the string! Which sports authority does not were I live.

~Joe

snoflewis
04-04-2006, 07:07 PM
haha...yeah...the honeymoon effect

i thought i liked the volkl tour 9 VE 18x20..and one week later...i vowed never to use it again :)

Kabob190
04-04-2006, 07:11 PM
I bought my racquet from **** and let me say no regrets here. I started using my Head LM Fire about a year ago and i got it new from my local tennis shop for about a hundred dollars. A few weeks ago when i was looking for a second i found one on **** for only $36. Brand New. Plus shipping and handeling it came out to $50. I could sell it back on **** used for almost that price. I guess its good if u already know which racquet you want. The only downfall you could say is that buying it from **** can be a little "risky."

jonolau
04-04-2006, 07:36 PM
I went through that recently with my Head FXP Tour. I was playing well with my Volkls until the guys in the group were all hyped up about the FXP Tour.

I ordered one from Canada, strung it, played like a hog with it, changed the strings again in case it was wrong, played like a boar ... finally went back to my trusty old sticks and am back to top form.

Regrets, regrets, regrets .... if it's not broken, don't fix it.

samster
04-04-2006, 08:18 PM
I have 20+ rackets so I think it is safe to say that I have lots of regrets. (It is still fun to try out different rackets though).

ATXtennisaddict
04-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Put them up for sale.