PDA

View Full Version : broken strings new racquet??

joesixtoe
04-04-2006, 05:30 PM
i broke my strings on my LM OS radical,,, now i'm thinking of up grading to the flex point... here is why. because i bought the racquet with the grip size to small.. so i have to over rap it a few times to get a good grip size,,, also the flex point i believe will give me more control with my agressive style of play... what do u guys think? or should i just get a totally diff type of racquet

ruth
04-04-2006, 05:46 PM
ok first of all you should thing if you can generate a lot of power, cause the stick's power level is low. I would think twice. And the only problem is that mine flex point broke in the middle where the thing is. I am harsh and agressive. Think 10 times.

W-line w4 sting; wilson nxt tour 17

pached
04-04-2006, 06:56 PM
i broke my strings on my LM OS radical,,, now i'm thinking of up grading to the flex point... here is why. because i bought the racquet with the grip size to small.. so i have to over rap it a few times to get a good grip size,,, also the flex point i believe will give me more control with my agressive style of play... what do u guys think? or should i just get a totally diff type of racquet

Some people think that the Flexpoints are a gimmick, but you can give it a try. Demo a Flexpoint Radical (I'm assuming that's what you would do?) so that you can compare it to the LM.

The strings could also have been old, which might be the reason why they broke, rather than it being the racquet's fault.

pached
04-04-2006, 07:00 PM
ok first of all you should thing if you can generate a lot of power, cause the stick's power level is low. I would think twice. And the only problem is that mine flex point broke in the middle where the thing is. I am harsh and agressive. Think 10 times.

I can barely understand this post, but considering that you're a girl junior from what you've said on other threads, I would think it highly unlikely and near impossible that you broke your racquet at the flexpoints from being aggressive. There was probably a crack in the racquet from dropping it or hitting the ground with it that opened up even more when you dropped the racquet again. Nothing to do with hitting it too hard.

joesixtoe
04-04-2006, 09:42 PM
the strings broke cuz they were old,, but i was just considering getting a new racquet thats all. i did demo the flex point once, and it was a little weaker, but it did provide good control. even at the net. i do power through the ball but i dont think that would break the flex point.

La Bomba
04-04-2006, 10:13 PM

LMAO, who would buy w-line, they are pansy racquets.

Anyway Joe, I have a LM Radical OS ( I don't use it anymore) But I have tried the flexpoint radical tour and midplus and they are very nice racquets, the flexpoint radical tour is a really easy racquet on the arm and access to spin is very easy, but i did find it to be too powerful. The midplus however had a little less spin but a fair bit more control. I think this would suit you game better. It is very manueverable and comfortable