PDA

View Full Version : Babolat AeroPro Drive -- Test Racket on the throat

znoopie
04-04-2006, 05:09 PM
So I bought this used APD recently and didn't bother to have a closer look at it until recently when I read that one post about fake racquet. So I got curious to find out if mine is also one of them. I've never seen one in a pro shop before so I can't really tell much. But what surprises me is that on one side of the inner throat there're the specs and barcode while the other side there're just the words 'Test Racket' without anything else (I guess it's supposed to say 'recommended string/grip' etc.) I don't have a digital camera right now, but will post the pic if I can find one.

Anyhow, does this mean my racquet is a pre-released version (before they were made available to public)? Well I'm going to look more carefully and see if there's 'Rafael Nadal' engraved on it somewhere. ;)

rj_md
04-04-2006, 06:05 PM
i don't know if you got a fake one, i hope you didn't...i did purchase one from an online auction and unfortunately for me, mine was fake. here, compared it to the new authentic one i got, here are some tips on knowing a fake one from another (based on what i saw...on the fake one):
- the yellow color of the main stripes on the head (where the lines of the stencil are basd on) are darker than the rest of the yellow colored marking on the racquet
- values on the throat: weight is 10.7oz (instead of 10.6oz)
- the recommended string is 'conquest' instead of 'xcel' and 'pro hurricane'
- it's head heavy
- a lot of vibration when hitting the ball
- the case is made of somple material
- the handle is longer than the original
- the overall color is more 'gray' than is is 'black'
- there is NO 'a' at the bottom of the throat
- the grommets on the throat don't have the woofer system (meaning the bulky grommets with the holes in them)
- lighter in weight
.....hope these help...:cool:

splink779
04-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Yes, and the blue is more of a teal color at 3 and 9 o clock.

thomas martinez
04-04-2006, 07:48 PM
No, you've got a frame that was meant to be a demo.

Stringer_Steve
04-04-2006, 08:48 PM
No, you've got a frame that was meant to be a demo.
There's your answer

dewey2110
04-04-2006, 08:49 PM
But the demos play as well as the others, so dont worry...

znoopie
04-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Oh, I see. Thanks a lot for the clarification. You guys' help is very much appreciated.

DRtenniS1112
04-05-2006, 05:53 PM
If anyone would like to see a particular part of the racket up close because you are skeptical just say something, lots of people use APD's now (cuz they are awesome). I personally have 4 shipped straight from the company so i can honestly say they are real.

ruth
04-05-2006, 06:30 PM
that why you should buy in tennis ware house. Dont trust the other dude at the other end.

BluDiamond
04-06-2006, 02:33 AM
will there be a new APD coming out soon??

BluDiamond
04-06-2006, 02:34 AM
maybe a Nadal signature racket?? like the roddick one??

rj_md
04-06-2006, 06:25 PM
i'm thinking there's bound to be one. if babolat would give a signature racquet to the top 3 player in the world...why not the top 2? ;)

doriancito
04-06-2006, 06:32 PM
. But what surprises me is that on one side of the inner throat there're the specs and barcode while the other side there're just the words 'Test Racket' without anything else (I guess it's supposed to say 'recommended string/grip' etc.)

you might have bought a demo

DRtenniS1112
04-06-2006, 06:35 PM
maybe a Nadal signature racket?? like the roddick one??
This is very doubtful since the apd is still fairly new.

Ripper
04-07-2006, 05:41 AM
i'm thinking there's bound to be one. if babolat would give a signature racquet to the top 3 player in the world...why not the top 2? ;)

Ex-top 3... Sorry :(

BluDiamond
04-08-2006, 02:05 AM
the APD came out a year and a half ago. Is that new?? Normally rackets come out every year or 2 years????? don't they???