PDA

View Full Version : old school raquets :-)

VanGuy10
04-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Here, we talk about old old old raquets. I currently play with the Pro Kennex Graphite Lazer 90. I've been using it for the past year and a half. I must say, I love it. Takes a bit getting used too, but now that its over. This raquet kicks butt. What I would like to know, is if anybody else still plays with old school raquets like this. If any of you have heard of this raquet, have any information about this raquet, or just plain know where to buy some old school raquets... please let me know. Dunno if its just me... but all these "nano" "liquid metal" technology stuff is just a marketing ploy... does it really work? For the ones I have tried out... it doesn't make a difference.

heavyraket
04-05-2006, 01:30 AM
yea, I know what you mean. I'm using PK Black Ace Tour that is 13 oz stock, 95 in head and 16x18. They made this five years ago but it might be a long time before they do agin. Just great control and good power if you swing it. Ive got lead on the handle that brings it up to 14oz. Its ablast to serve with.

oti
04-05-2006, 07:36 AM
i had a Black Ace about 20 years ago! it was my first real racquet!

Bora
04-05-2006, 08:11 AM
I have recently played a league match against a guy using KNEISSL racquets. I don't think he would have played any better if he was using the latest and the greatest stick.

CajunTennis
04-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Won my league match last night with my Jack Kramer Autograph Midsize. I got it off of the big auction site for 20 bucks. I believe it was one of the last wood models produced because it has a 20% larger head and some graphite inlays as well. Still have yet to find a better volleying racquet.:-D

dcreasy55
04-05-2006, 08:26 AM
I got a wilson sting midsize from play it again sports for $10 and I like it better than several of the newer racquets that I have demoed.

sdslyout
04-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Don't get me started. Out of the 20 plus racquets i have only one is in the current line-up from wilson, the Ncode N6. The rest are " old school " ProKennex
2 completly different copper ace's , a silver ace , a graphite destiny. Dunlop
a Max impact , a McEnroe limited , a McEnroe boron/graphite. Prince a Woodie , a graphite surpreme 110 , a power pro 110 . Wilson 2 completly different graphite aggressor's ,( Woodies) a jack kramer autograph , a chris evert autograph , a trophy model , a match point. ( another woodie ) J.C. higgins blue ribbon model poncho gonzoles autograph ( made by wright & ditson ) a Donnay megaforce S.M. plus i've given away at least 10 other prokennex racquets to the local kids to try to spark some interest in tennis. All the racquets are strung and play well, some better then others

VanGuy10
04-05-2006, 10:59 PM
I got a wilson sting midsize from play it again sports for $10 and I like it better than several of the newer racquets that I have demoed.
I have that racket too!!! As a matter of fact... I have two of em. I still use them every now and then. But I gotta say, my Pro Kennex "Graphite Lazer 90" is still my top choice. I have demoed bunches of new rackets, and the ones that most fit me, are the yonex raquets. But they still dont work as well as the old school ones. I like my tennis raquets to be frames, stripped bare of all that "nano" technology crap. Call me plain, but it does me just fine. Plus... its more economical :D Who wants to spend $80+ on a raquet??? the prices are ridiculous now. I would rather put that money towards strings and balls.

Final_Match_Point
04-06-2006, 04:11 AM
A prince force 3 gravity Ti, a prince power extender 690 pl are the 2 i used to hit around with

Otis_McCoy
04-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Won my league match last night with my Jack Kramer Autograph Midsize. I got it off of the big auction site for 20 bucks. I believe it was one of the last wood models produced because it has a 20% larger head and some graphite inlays as well. Still have yet to find a better volleying racquet.:-D

Now that's what you call commitment! I think I look like I'm an antiques dealer when I show up to the court with my PC600's and my PS85's. I've got nothing on you.

NoBadMojo
04-06-2006, 08:00 AM
An old school racquet is a wood racquet. Non wood/Composite racquets are all pretty similar really relatively speaking and really arent old school. Example: Volkl Tour10Gen2 which is a graphite/fiberglass layup is in the current lineup.