PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Tour 9 V-Engine

mutt
04-05-2006, 03:33 AM
What do you think about the Volkl Tour 9 V-Engine? Do you try it?

Thanks!

ericsson
04-05-2006, 03:53 AM
not the best stick volkl had made so far but maybe it's personal.;)

slice bh compliment
04-05-2006, 04:04 AM
I liked it, but went with the tour 10 mid. The Tour 9 V is a little light, but nice.
Not very popular at all for some reason, even though it is not terribly different from a Pure Drive.

thejerk
04-05-2006, 09:34 AM
They aren't bad rackets but seem to be pretty string sensitive. The head was just too big for me and it seemed to have a hot spot.

mutt
04-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Do the one with the 16/19 stringing pattern have a good spin potential?

thejerk
04-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Yes, the 16x19 had good spin for me.

slewisoh
04-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Most of the arm-friendly racquets I tried were comfortable but had higher swing weights and were low powered. As a result, I felt like I overhit my groundstrokes and put my less-than-wonderful shoulder at risk when serving.

This racquet has a low swing weight and a bit more power so I found it to be easier to swing, making it more fun to hit with.

Topspin is easy to produce and my touch shots are coming along.

I suspect it's been less popular because it doesn't fit neatly into a category. I believe it's strung weight is about 11.5 ounces, so it's not the 12 ounce players' racquet that advanced players seek, yet it's heavier than most tweener racquets...

Bottom line - it's not a popularity contest. Pick the racquet that suits you.

hacker
04-05-2006, 05:23 PM
I started out with the Tour 10 VEMP and really liked it, but the high swing weight became a problem. I had the Tour 9 VEMP as a backup and started using it and to my suprise had good results. Easy on my arm and had the right swing weight and power. It isn't the most attractive racquet on the market, but it's a good performer at least for me.

Court_Jester
04-05-2006, 05:47 PM
I have recently bought a T9VE (18x20) and I absolutely love the way it feels with every hit. It is very solid as if it is leaded up. Despite hitting a few off-center hits the first time I tried it, it plowed through very easily with hardly any hint of twisting in my hand. And the sweetspot, oh my! I've had a hard time finding the sweetspot consistently on my other 98-sq-in racquet (i.Radical MP) but with the T9VE, it feels as if I'm hitting the sweetspot every time. As a result, it's very easy on the arm. Despite its dense pattern, it's very easy to put a spin on the balls and my kick serves have gotten more consistent.

I'll probably put some lead tape on the handle to push its static weight past 12 oz.

Fuzzless
04-05-2006, 06:10 PM
i used to use the 18x20 version. good all around easy to use racquet. maneuverable, good control, power, spin, stability. could be a little heavier for more weight of shot.