PDA

View Full Version : Silent Partner Ball machines worth it?

Insane90DegreeSpin
04-05-2006, 01:58 PM
I'll use it for 30 hours a week during winter. My concerns are how long will it last when I play with it in near freezing room temperature for 6 months.

SCSI
04-05-2006, 02:10 PM
I have one. I think the battery will be heavily affected by the temp and freqeuce of your usage. First, the battery will last probably about 30min. Second, if you don't religiously charging it fully after use, battery will be dead and won't hold charge after about 20-30th time you drain it fully. Third, the battery won't last long even if you are religious about charging it up.

I suggest getting an AC charger or tweak it to accept an external battery.

skraggle
04-05-2006, 02:30 PM
I have the base model. Overall very pleased, extra battery wasn't too expensive, would buy one again...

SCSI
04-06-2006, 05:06 AM
BTW, SP machines are good. Cold temp will affect portable ball machines.

Tchocky
04-06-2006, 05:49 AM
Buy the one with AC/DC option so you can plug it into a socket or run off the battery. Replacement batteries aren't that expensive. Weather does affect battery life. The smart charger will let you charge your machine 24/7 without risk of overcharging.

mars76
07-29-2008, 02:34 PM
I have the base model. Overall very pleased, extra battery wasn't too expensive, would buy one again...

Hi,

Could u pls let us know where did you buy the Replacement battery .. Did you buy the protalac PE12V7.2 Model ??

I contacted many local dealers and they all sell models other than Portalac and they are saying those batteries will work and fit fine as portalac..

Thanks
mars