PDA

View Full Version : !!warning!!

ruth
04-05-2006, 06:22 PM
hello form peoples experience i think it is a poor desicion by someone to buy in the internet net on a auction like **** or some sort. So when buying expensive racquets it is an ideal thing to do is buy at an proper online store like tenniswarehouse and other ones as well. And i know two people who had this experience.

MAkE GOOD DESICIONS. BUY FROM tenniswarehouse of other safe online store. :p

DRtenniS1112
04-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Yea and also for other words of wisdom, use spell check.

ruth
04-05-2006, 06:25 PM
right znooipe, you agree right??
will you do it again?

ruth
04-05-2006, 06:25 PM
yeah i know i dont care about spelling. it a long day after work. Dont worry i am good at it. Just tired.

DRtenniS1112
04-05-2006, 06:26 PM
I was just jokin around lol i know how it is.

JacktheDu
04-05-2006, 06:30 PM
I got my N6.1 tour from E bay. I think it's great, you can usually find a pretty good deal there for new or almost brand new rackets. The only downside is the waiting. Sometime it can take weeks before it arrives. Remember, always check the seller's past feedbacks. Do not bid from seller that has lower than 95% of positive feedbacks or has sold only few items from the past. Check out the feedbacks from the buyers before you bid. If it's possible, bid from the power sellers.

vinnier6
04-05-2006, 06:40 PM
you can still buy racquets or anything for that matter from e b a y, you just need to be an informed buyer and know what you are doing...

Extremebb300
04-05-2006, 06:41 PM
TW is a great store..

BUT online auction sites are great for finding older models that arent made anymore and vintage tennis items.

pached
04-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Yea and also for other words of wisdom, use spell check.

Screw a spell check, how about a full blown edit?

chiru
04-05-2006, 06:53 PM
i got burned on a grommet replacement. i got a racket form a good seller (feedback wise) and it came with defective grommets, and hey wouldn't for the life of him replace it. it was ridiculous.

LN_Dad
04-05-2006, 07:05 PM
I've never had any problems with rackets bought on fleabay. One important rule you may want to follow is not to buy rackets from outside the US or Canada to avoid fakes.

KFwinds
04-05-2006, 09:48 PM
And, I don't usually buy from sellers who have lower than 98% positive feedback - if they have done 1000 or more transactions, for example, that's quite a few bad ones...

RiosTheGenius
04-05-2006, 09:52 PM
if you're buying from the guy with 0 feedback,you're probably very likely to get screwed.

it'll never happen with top sellers, trust me.

ericsson
04-05-2006, 10:45 PM
i think TW is a great store but for me its not so interesting cos i live in europe, last year i bought a couple of shoes you cant get here, i paid 68 dollars + 41 shipping, but that wasnt all, once they were here i got to pay a lot more for customs, duties. anyway i think i paid 155 euros (191 dollars) for a couple of shoes:(
that dont happen on ****, u can ask the seller to send as gift or present.

Richie Rich
04-06-2006, 03:11 AM
And, I don't usually buy from sellers who have lower than 98% positive feedback - if they have done 1000 or more transactions, for example, that's quite a few bad ones...
to be honest you get buyers who are really anal and demand things that cannot be delivered. they have unreal expectations. also, you get people leaving a seller a negative because the seller gave the buyer negative for not paying. you really need to look at why the seller got negative. some are just retaliation.

Alley Cat
04-06-2006, 03:40 AM
Its not rocket science. Just buy from sellers with good feedback. While I buy quite a bit from TW and they are my first choice.....I have bought and sold many tennis racquets/equipment on the auction site over the years and never had a problem. Many times you can sell used frames for good prices. I have done this for lots of friends and players in my area. The auction site is great if you use common sense.

Final_Match_Point
04-06-2006, 03:59 AM
I personally like ****, with thier new buyer protection stuff, If you actually take the time to fill it out, it works.

Ripper
04-06-2006, 05:12 AM
TW is a great store..

BUT online auction sites are great for finding older models that arent made anymore and vintage tennis items.

Exactly, you can't get discontinued models from TW.

Ripper
04-06-2006, 05:16 AM
if you're buying from the guy with 0 feedback,you're probably very likely to get screwed.

it'll never happen with top sellers, trust me.

Hummm, then, how does a legit seller start out? Lol, what comes first, the chicken or the egg? Regarding eVay, whatever you do or say, it's always a risk. We just need to know that, when we decide to buy something there.

Ripper
04-06-2006, 05:18 AM
I personally like ****, with thier new buyer protection stuff, If you actually take the time to fill it out, it works.

Didn't know about this. I'll check it out.

MeteorAce
04-06-2006, 01:23 PM
I never beeen ripped off on E**y (through out my 100 or so purchases and 40 or so sellings) because I can easily tell if auctions are a bad deal or have fake racquets. Most people complain about getting ripped off because there what I call "E**y Idiots". Im only 15 which makes it even more funny.

Court_Jester
04-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Hummm, then, how does a legit seller start out?
You can start by being a good buyer. After getting a couple dozens of positive feedbacks, you can move up to being a seller of small ticket items, something less than $50 then move up to the $50-$100 range and so on.

tennis_nerd22
04-06-2006, 02:21 PM
yo ripper, just a note for you, for yours posts (18-20), instead of triple posting, use the edit button :D

sorry i couldnt resist, but i hate people who triple and quadruple post

rj_md
04-06-2006, 06:20 PM
yup...buy from TW...:)

Final_Match_Point
04-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Well its sometimes you get a HUGE discount on some 3rd party sellers. Im talking about 50-60$ less and its new

Shinichi
04-06-2006, 06:54 PM
yea, i have a friend who works at the Bausch and Lomb tournament, and he get a lot of discount for Wilson racquets.

I got like 2 N Six one 90'' and 3 95''

KFwinds
04-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Hummm, then, how does a legit seller start out?

You know, I actually started on the auction site when it was fairly new, so it didn't seem very difficult to "break in". Now it's huge, and with the growth came an increase in dishonest sellers (naturally). People are much more hesitant to buy from sellers who have little or no feedback. I do remember that I made several purchases first before I tried selling any items. If you plan on selling, I recommend very detailed descriptions of your item, and picture(s) - especially if you have low feedback. Be prepared to answer questions and be as helpful as possible about the sale. Just common sense, really; treat others the way you would want to be treated. :)