PDA

View Full Version : big banger dead in two weeks?

perfmode
06-24-2004, 05:59 AM
These strings are starting to feel really f*cked up. I liked the feel at first but after two straight weeks of it, they are starting to feel really weird. I'm losing control and the balls are flying. I usually pop synth's in a day or two but these are showing no sign of breaking any time soon. What should I do about it?

gmlasam
06-24-2004, 06:07 AM
These strings are starting to feel really f*cked up. I liked the feel at first but after two straight weeks of it, they are starting to feel really weird. I'm losing control and the balls are flying. I usually pop synth's in a day or two but these are showing no sign of breaking any time soon. What should I do about it?Are you using the 17s or 18s? Your not the only one who has this problem. A couple of guys I play with use TiMO 18's and it went dead on them in a week or two also. I currently use 17's on my main POG and have an 18 on my backup, that I've yet to use. I've had the 17 for about 3 weeks now and no problems. It maybe the 18's are loosing tension or bad quality control at the lux factory.

perfmode
06-24-2004, 06:17 AM
I have BB ALU-Power 16L strung @ 60# on 6/12/04.

brian.sat
06-24-2004, 07:24 AM
You are so lucky to have two weeks of good time. I've got 3 days only. Switch to Kirschbaum then. Maybe I will try Isospeed next time.

perfmode
06-24-2004, 07:26 AM
Yesterday I played for the first time since last Thursday and it felt dead so I dunno when it actually went bad.

borisboris
06-24-2004, 07:45 AM
:roll: Yea they are lively for a short duration. Those that burn twice as bright last ...........Poly plays awesome initially then it becomes a board, you can feel the change IMMEDIATELY. I say that they last 6 quality sets then they should either be clipped or used on a ball machine - but your arm will start to feel the stiffness. Kirsch Touch Turbo break before the playability leaves which is similar to Natural Gut and I wish most strings were that way.

a verrry large duck
06-24-2004, 08:52 AM
Oh yeah, the dreaded alu power. First few times out with it, it is so taut and pingy. Then all of a sudden it feels like a sponge. I think strings that go dead twice as fast should cost half as much, if you ask me.

perfmode
06-24-2004, 08:54 AM
Back to breakin two sets of synth a week for me...

PHSTennis
06-24-2004, 10:32 AM
TiMO 3 weeks dead... I cut it and it disconnected... I was ****ed and after I cut it I laughed my *** off... me too back to 2 sets of synthetic a week again... lol Im using Gosen Sheep Micro 17g now... screw that I have ALU on my wall... I dont think I ll use it.... it was a great string... The ALU was fine for me... I dont like if I'll use it anytime soon though.

perfmode
06-24-2004, 11:11 AM
disconnected?

StepBack
06-24-2004, 02:06 PM
He ment to say that string was dead solid. When he cut it there was no sound or some stretching or something. No more nothing, string without a soul.

perfmode
06-24-2004, 02:09 PM
lol wow.